Faux Mirrors

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
OK, just received my mirrors from Pashnit. Of course I went to put them on like the little kid in a candy store. I can not loosen the allen bolt to move and adjust the pivot arm at the base. I can move the mirror on the ball just fine but unless I want to look at myself... I need to swing them away a bit. I put enough pressure on each of these to almost break my tool. I assume these were put together with wet paint at the factory. I would not dare mount and try to break the bolt as it would pop my nose fairing. I just put a towel in my bench vice and I'm saying my multi allen wrench tool was about to break. I pulled the little rubber at the top thinking maybe.... but nope... that is just the other end or bottom of the allen bolt. What is the possibility these are reverse threads? Need to know if anyone with these had this issue. No answer at Pashnit or I would ask Tim.

02 GSXR 1000 mirrors are the correct ones.

Call Colin at Honda East, parts department, and say i told you!

yep K2 gsxr 1000 mirrors are great especially with the spacer like mentioned above . My local dealer sold me OEM K2 for $62 bucks each . not cheap , but better than the msrp by a good bit .

I got gsxr1k mirrors from Pashnit years back.
They were perfect, not cheap junk.
Maybe you just got a bad set.
He sells quality parts.

They look just fine. Very light weight... but that damn bolt is stuck like H E double L

I got gsxr1k mirrors from Pashnit years back.
They were perfect, not cheap junk.
Maybe you just got a bad set.
He sells quality parts.

Well, I hope that PASHNIT will respond and maybe get another one on the way. However, I would as I had thought this was a factory part. I don't think you would want one that has an issue? I certainly will give them time to respond to my email and if they replace it I'll sell them to you.
Maybe you want to sell them?

I took Mathewrussll52 advice and went Full Tilt Boogie on them. I soaked in PB Blaster over night. I just put the one in the vice wrapped in towel. I put my body weight against the pivot arm and she gave. Had to touch up just a little place with black but good to go. My God that was a pain. I have severe Anxiety issues and would prefer things to go smooth but it's just wasn't to be. However, it's over and they look great on BLUESA. Very nice upgrade.
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0591.JPG

Yes sir... that is about where they are adjusted... elbows. Just glad this is over with. Now what? WoodCraft Starter Cover next with Oil Change while the fairings are off.
They look nice but as short as they are, all I'd see would be my elbows.

I've looked at the Turbo setup for this down in Texas and it's about $7000. I'd love it but that is a bit steep. The TERMI is putting down 751HP and 682TQ at 6700 elevation. Very good for Colorado.

They look nice to bad you had that issue. So when you gonna supercharge it like your mustang????

Back