Going To Need Help Rescuing A 2000

James Shabnow

Registered
I found a 2000 busa that is not running. The motor had a window installed. The guy tried to replace the motor with an 02. The motor was disassembled and rebuilt. He put it in and was never able to get it running. It cranks and every once in a while it starts and seems like it's running on 1 and a half cylinders. The guy has built many motors of all kinds but this was his first attempt at a busa. I removed the valve cover and found it is timed correctly per the manual. I checked compression and got 190-195psi in all 4. After I left his house I did some researching and found some differences in the motors. I found the flywheels have different trigger counts. I also noticed his vacuum lines on tbs are not in the same configuration as some stock pictures I seen. I ordered a manual but prob won't see it for a week.

My question is. Is there anything you gurus can think of that I should also look into because of the motor swap?

It sounds like your on the correct path. Considering the position your in I would go with the 03 computer. You will have more options as far as tuning.

You need an ecu and a few parts from an 02 to 07.
99 and 00, and 01 have different ecu's.
There is a "how to" thread here somewhere, on an 02-7 conversion.
Shows you what you need.
Worth doing.
Otherwise, you need the right pick up for the 2000, as the one in the 02 engine IS different.
Sounds like the problem.
Should be an easy fix.

You need an ecu and a few parts from an 02 to 07.
99 and 00, and 01 have different ecu's.
There is a "how to" thread here somewhere, on an 02-7 conversion.
Shows you what you need.
Worth doing.
Otherwise, you need the right pick up for the 2000, as the one in the 02 engine IS different.
Sounds like the problem.
Should be an easy fix.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/16-bit-ecu-to-32-bit-conversion-how-to.166099/
I believe this is what sixpack is talking about. Hope you can figure it out.

Back