Finally.........after A Lot Of Waiting Around For Parts She Is Finally Having The Supercharger Fitte

Vent mesh for the intercooler hot air.

20170302_151924.jpeg

Finally, she's finished, next stop MOT and Road tax on Saturday then weather permitting a shake down run :) :race::super:

Looks great.
My only concern would be tipping into a hard corner and grinding the sc bracket(throttle side)on the road.
I drug my right side fairing many a time.
It had an egg size and shaped scrape on the fairing in front of the clutch cover.
The right side of the engine and fairing sticks out further than the left.
The gen2 Busa handles so well(all things considered), it made it easy to drag the right fairing. As well as the bottoms of each stock pipe. Too low, bad form, and asking for trouble, I know.
But coming from 1ks and smaller bikes, it took a little getting used to.
Looks like you're a knee dragger, so
just an fyi, after seeing the pics, that sc Will drag the road if you let it. Which could just be some scrapes...or a high or low side(which you probably knew anyway).
As for the power, hang the front wheel at 11 o'clock and keep gettin it!
Bike looks awesome, and has to perform just as well.
Congrats on getting it done.
We can't wait to hear how it rides now!

Looks great.
My only concern would be tipping into a hard corner and grinding the sc bracket(throttle side)on the road.
I drug my right side fairing many a time.
It had an egg size and shaped scrape on the fairing in front of the clutch cover.
The right side of the engine and fairing sticks out further than the left.
The gen2 Busa handles so well(all things considered), it made it easy to drag the right fairing. As well as the bottoms of each stock pipe. Too low, bad form, and asking for trouble, I know.
But coming from 1ks and smaller bikes, it took a little getting used to.
Looks like you're a knee dragger, so
just an fyi, after seeing the pics, that sc Will drag the road if you let it. Which could just be some scrapes...or a high or low side(which you probably knew anyway).
As for the power, hang the front wheel at 11 o'clock and keep gettin it!
Bike looks awesome, and has to perform just as well.
Congrats on getting it done.
We can't wait to hear how it rides now!

Thanks for the advise Top Gun, I will be going on a few shakedown runs first, not just for her but for me too, (I always run myself in after a winter layoff to get my reflexes back) so I can get used to all the differences, obviously she's going to be a bit heavier and wider on the right hand side so I will have to tailor my riding to suit. I will post my riding observations on here as the weeks go on :) The front and rear suspension has already been set up for the supercharger so hopefully all will be fine :) :race: :drool:

Went for a first shakedown run on her on Saturday 3rd March 2017. First impressions were, hmmm feels a bit heavier at low speeds than I remember and is she a bit rh side biased with the weight of the charger on? These impressions evaporated within ten minutes tho, I think it was just that I hadn't ridden her since September 2016 and soon we were as one again. Round town she was as docile as a pussycat, which surprised me somewhat but in a good way, I half expected to be lurching from one wheelie to the next but no, broad spread of usable power and I don't speed within town limits anyway, so all good so far. Then we headed out onto the open road. My first impressions of a pussycat changed when I hit 5000 revs and gave her some throttle, she wasn't a pussycat at all, she was a roaring, fire breathing beast with the front wheel lifting under power every time I changed gear, I started grinning, then laughing in my helmet, then my grin got bigger as the world went into reverse, holy poop, I should have done this years ago, this is amazing. Cars, motorbikes, anything and everything I overtook quickly disappeared in my mirrors. A 2015 R1 wanted to play as I came up behind him, I was a Spitfire pilot and he was a Messerschmitt 109 pilot and I had him in my sights. His front wheel lifted as he piled on the power, then I shot past him like he was stood still and that was that, he was gone, disappearing in my mirrors at a rate of knots. I was grinning again, this isn't a bike, its a low flying jet. I love this bike, a BIG thanks to Andy Martindale of Junction 33 Dyno Centre in Galgate England for all his hard work and diligence and patience in giving me the best bike I've ever had! Oh and she wails like a Banshee on heat..(I imagine coz I've never heard one :lol:) :race:

I read the first few lines of the ride post where you were nit-picking and then watched the dyno video. My first thought was who gives a crap about low speed this or that when the bike sounds like that? Must be a blast. Thanks for taking the time to drag us along with the journey. Congratulations bike is awesome! Be careful.

I read the first few lines of the ride post where you were nit-picking and then watched the dyno video. My first thought was who gives a crap about low speed this or that when the bike sounds like that? Must be a blast. Thanks for taking the time to drag us along with the journey. Congratulations bike is awesome! Be careful.

Haha I wasn't nit picking, like I said it was my first impression of her and I wanted to convey exactly how I felt. Thanks for the be careful, I always am, that's how I've reached 65 after 50 years of riding bikes :) My motto is "fast but safe" but everyone who knows me just thinks I'm crazy. :crazy:

Keep us up to date on how it goes and if your arms get warm.

Will do Robert, getting the digital gps speedo fitted this week I hope so have some speed figures soon, depending on the poop weather we get in England and I noticed on Saturday that the mesh on the top of the fairing to let the hot air out from the intercooler was keeping my knees warm, bonus :D

Very well written first impression post. You did a good job capturing the shock and joy of first dicovering the power of a boosted throttle.

Back