Macintosh Sheelie Bars?

turbojonny

Registered
Anybody ever seen wheelie bars that mount to a Mac arm? I have an up to 8 arm but still wheelie bad. Its a street bike so I dont want a longer arm. Looking for a set of bolt ons for drag days.

for wat purpose? guys make 6 second 1/4 mile passes with no bar. absolute waste of money and will make u slower with the added weight and resistance! u plan on putting a wide rim and car tire on it making 1000 hp? if not, then ur wasting ur time with that. whellie bars are reserved for Pro Stock bikes.

I have a Mac arm making over 600 whp and putting a whellie bar on it wud be counter productive but hooks just fine the way it is and thats on the street!

It will flip over at 6-7" over. It wheelies at 1/2 track. I'm really trying to avoid having a super long swingarm because it's a street bike.

Friend of mine had a custom made aluminum set on an 06 gsxr1k.
Weighed almost nothing and worked excellent.

what they said.. work on your chassis setup.. shock .. gearing...boost controller. etc. the prostreet bikes have 600hp and no wheelie bars.

To go fast requires dialing in a certain combination, time, experience and knowledge of cause and effect. As mentioned in a previous post, chassis needs to be set up and dialed in, geometry, power control and application. A suspended bike with a wheelie bar would present other problems, traction, handling etc. A bike with enough power to lift in 3rd that is set up and ridden properly at 6-7" over will likely run mid 8s. To set a bike up properly that runs like that with a wheelie bar will require a much different approach and chassis combination such as a slick, strutted rear suspension. The angle of the bars all triangulate to the chassis to work together as one. Bar length, mounting points all matter and change handling. As stated in a a previous post making over 600 hp and hooking on the street, maybe a swb that made no torque. And wheelie bars are not reserved for anything except someone that wants one and sets it up for their combination.

600 hp Turbo bikes make no Torque? really? who said anything about a stock WB? u sound dumb!

To go fast requires dialing in a certain combination, time, experience and knowledge of cause and effect. As mentioned in a previous post, chassis needs to be set up and dialed in, geometry, power control and application. A suspended bike with a wheelie bar would present other problems, traction, handling etc. A bike with enough power to lift in 3rd that is set up and ridden properly at 6-7" over will likely run mid 8s. To set a bike up properly that runs like that with a wheelie bar will require a much different approach and chassis combination such as a slick, strutted rear suspension. The angle of the bars all triangulate to the chassis to work together as one. Bar length, mounting points all matter and change handling. As stated in a a previous post making over 600 hp and hooking on the street, maybe a swb that made no torque. And wheelie bars are not reserved for anything except someone that wants one and sets it up for their combination.

I am speaking of your bike!! GNbrett, sit behind your computer and sling your drivel as you wish! If you could back up your mouth you would take me up on my offer to race? As matter of fact after I posted my call out for you and you slinked away, some of my friends spoke up with additional money. I would have to verify if they still want in but the bet can be $22,000! Put up or shut up COWARD!!!

Dayum, this is quickly heading toward an internet battle. I truly appreciate all the feedback but I'm just wanting bars for the bike so I can leave the wb where it is a still fully use the power I have. I know I could go way longer and swap the shock, but then I'd lose what little handling the bike has left. My goal is sinply to leave the wb at roighly 5 to 6 over and not loop it.
Last time I was out I went 161 but could never get better than a 9.3. Mostly because I couldnt get myself to launch aggressively. With bars I wouldnt need to worry about fliiping so much.
The half track wheelie was not good either. Bars that I can bolt on just for the weekend would be perfect.

600 hp Turbo bikes make no Torque? really? who said anything about a stock WB? u sound dumb!

Final and only warning Brett, dont push me, this member is asking for advice. Keep it civil. I am subscribed to this thread to watch for replies.

Carry on gentlemen.

My bike is in the shop now. I've asked them to measure the axle adjuster blocks height. If it is the same as a Busa axle block height I can use the busa bars from Pingle. If the Macs blocks are smaller I can shave down the Pingle blocks. If not, I'd have to have them modded to fit.

I'll know more by Monday.

Yup! Sounds like you could have a middle 8 second bike? Once set up with that wheelbase of course, you would lose most street ability. I am pretty sure a bar will not help but if you do it please be careful. I apologize about the banter, I grew up a west coast street racer driving a 8.58 muffled car and a 8.80 turbo GS 1000 no bar and rain tire. That was 35 years ago I am very aware how to stop high speed wobble lips and that is putting up $$ and settle it. I try and avoid the other way, jail sucks!

its just me, wheelie bars go on top gas bikes, funny bikes , top fuel and cars. the chassis is set up for them. if its a street bike and you wanna go fast just set it up the right way.

good luck with whatever you do and be safe.

Yup! Sounds like you could have a middle 8 second bike? Once set up with that wheelbase of course, you would lose most street ability. I am pretty sure a bar will not help but if you do it please be careful. I apologize about the banter, I grew up a west coast street racer driving a 8.58 muffled car and a 8.80 turbo GS 1000 no bar and rain tire. That was 35 years ago I am very aware how to stop high speed wobble lips and that is putting up $$ and settle it. I try and avoid the other way, jail sucks!

Mid 8's on a street car...in the early 80's!
Wow!!!

What's your set up? Turbo? Spray? Motor?

So if your going to drag race and street ride why do the bars? Street riding will suck with bars. You will have to change the strut when going on the street. When you could just get a shock built and dialing your set up.

Yes sir! 8.58 159 through the mufflers at Palmdale raceway, almost 3800 feet altitude that day. Wasn't much of a street car, tube chassis 74 chev vega lengthened 8" in front. 4" into 4 2.5" Walker turbo mufflers. Would have gone mid 20s 163-164. The owner made the next pass and broke a rod. Aluminum rods too many passes. I built the engine, 2 stage nitrous and set up the chassis, drove it 95% of the time and all street passes. Was a trailer car.

I can swap a strut easy. Swingarm is tougher. Plenty of stock bikes use bars up here. My bikes is turbo'd and at roughly 400hp, 63-64" (never measured). My 9.3 was on a stock shock, maybe 1" lowered, no strap, hand clutch, ams 1000. Pretty much an arrive and drive street turbo. Plenty of mph, just couldnt launch or keep it down.

Back