Can I Tap Into The Switched 12v At This Plug ?

Rivercop UK

Registered
Did a bit of a boo-boo and cut the positive wire from the PCV Autotune too short. It wont reach where I want it to go.

Rather than splice wire to extend it, can I tap into the switched 12v at this plug ? .. Its either the Yoshi plug or the one next to it (Not sure).

2hoefx4.jpg

I personally wouldn't use that plug. I would run new wire. Tapping into that my cause your bike to do wierd things

I am not certain, as it's been a few years since I fooled with a pc on any bike.
But I thought they needed a constant 12 volts, not on a switch??

Should be a brown wire up front too that is switched. Isnt that plug used for troubleshooting?

Did a bit of a boo-boo and cut the positive wire from the PCV Autotune too short. It wont reach where I want it to go.

Rather than splice wire to extend it, can I tap into the switched 12v at this plug ? .. Its either the Yoshi plug or the one next to it (Not sure).

View attachment 1570573
Why did you use Power commander. Why not a flash

Its OK. .. I found a closer switched 12v anyhow. I don't like adding splices in wiring and try to use them as little as possible.

And as sixpack said, I've tuned with ECU editor everything but the AFR, I went PCV so I can use the autotune option.

Its OK. .. I found a closer switched 12v anyhow. I don't like adding splices in wiring and try to use them as little as possible.

And as sixpack said, I've tuned with ECU editor everything but the AFR, I went PCV so I can use the autotune option.
Do you race or ride on the street. I'm thinking if i should do my AFR for everyday Street riding.

I do 95% fast road and 5% closed track. Hopefully I'm going to do a few more trackdays in 2017 and a possible IOM visit.

The big reason for the autotune; I will be slowly adding bits to the bike, and I don't want to be paying for a dyno everytime I change something. Rather just cough up 500 notes and be done.

Reactions: Ham
Back