K8, K9 Difference

zook

Registered
What's the difference and how would I find out which Busa I have. I looked at 50 diagrams and parts lists and the parts and part numbers that I looked at are the same on both the K8 and K9 models. Ive had my 2008 since it was new and just recently heard of K8 and K9 models

Could it be you don't realize that K8 & K9 are referring to model years? The K represents 2000 by the way, i.e. 2008, 2009

The technical difference is that the K8 was made approximately a year before the K9. I could go deeper into this but most would not understand as it's very complicated.

Lol! I couldn't resisthat one . .....

That's odd. My PC V was bought used and came out of an 08 bike and mine is 09.
I think they tell you the pc's are different so you have to by a new one that's really identical except remapping. My new (2016) has the one passed down from my (06,11,13) models no difference.

I think they tell you the pc's are different so you have to by a new one that's really identical except remapping. My new (2016) has the one passed down from my (06,11,13) models no difference.
Further to that ,you normally get a disc with the pc so I believe you only need to get the disc of your model that has the relevant data specific for your model/year

Could it be you don't realize that K8 & K9 are referring to model years? The K represents 2000 by the way, i.e. 2008, 2009
the puzzling part was that when i called the dealer and told him i had a 2008 he asked me if it was a k8 or k9 and i haven't heard of a k10 or 11. the dealer parts guy asked all his co workers and none of them could explain it either. then again he also asked if it was a gen 2 so go figure.

Not much difference. What are you looking for?
i just picked up a fuel pump and injector rail assembly and the dealer parts guyt kept asking if my 2008 was a k8 or k9 and if it was a gen 2. i said "that is the first year of gen 2" so he got me wondering which model i had and if he knew what he was talking about or not

i just picked up a fuel pump and injector rail assembly and the dealer parts guyt kept asking if my 2008 was a k8 or k9 and if it was a gen 2. i said "that is the first year of gen 2" so he got me wondering which model i had and if he knew what he was talking about or not
That's the reason I don't use the dealer at all. Not even for parts. I buy them from online OEM stores(which are dealers too, but no "parts guy" involved in ordering process). My local dealer couldn't even get my rectifier replacement done right. I came home and noticed that they didnt tighten up my belly wing and the mid pipe melted a nice "C" shape into it.

That's the reason I don't use the dealer at all. Not even for parts. I buy them from online OEM stores(which are dealers too, but no "parts guy" involved in ordering process). My local dealer couldn't even get my rectifier replacement done right. I came home and noticed that they didnt tighten up my belly wing and the mid pipe melted a nice "C" shape into it.
Good advice, i ended up buying everything from ebay for 1/10th the dealer price. also when the dealer did the ign recall before i could even take the bike when it was new they left a burn spot on my seat from a solder gun and then said that i must have done it. the bike just came out of the crate WTH

Back