New Guy From Charlotte Nc

hogan longfellow

Registered
What's up everyone!

I'm in the market for a new bike and I've narrowed it down to several, Hayabusa is at the top of my list.
I can't wait to go look at a flawless, bone stock 2011 tomorrow near where I live.

I've been riding about 10 years now, I've had a handful of bikes (06 Shadow, 05 Warrior, 07 Z1000, 96 VFR, 13 CB1100 which I sold today, and I currently still have 06 XL1200C and i picked up dirt cheap) but nothing near as powerful as the mighty 1300! I guess the closest I've been is my Z, which had about 125bhp and 75ft/lbs; which probably translated to like 110/65 or so at the wheel. That bike was quick, but NOTHING like a Hayabusa.

I've actually ridden quite a few bikes - we have a local bike group with over 1000 people, so I've ridden all the liter bikes, a really sweet zx14, several hayabusas, etc, etc so I have some experience. My brother-in-law currently has a 205whp drag Hayabusa that he let me ride - stretched, slammed, strapped, air shifter and stupid (I mean STUPID) quick. That thing scared the ever-living **** out of me - i don't know how he handles that monster haha!

Well i hope to learn a lot, my main concern is all. that. power! I'm afraid I'm going to bring it home and feel overwhelmed. I see a lot C Mode in my immediate future before i move up to the big boy mode haha.

Thanks a lot, look forward to reading and learning as much as i can!

Just like any other ride out there respect the old girl and she will be good to you. It's when you start abusing her and thinking you have it all figured out that you get bit.

Congrats, enjoy the ride it's like no other.

cap

thank you sir! you are 10000% correct. I had about 70k miles of smooth sailing, then one fluke night i was going a bit too fast on an unfamiliar road and I low-sided. Luckily i was unhurt save a couple bruised ribs (and ego) but it was then that I realized anything that happens on a bike is my fault. That was the most sobering thing I've ever realized since i started riding. At first I was blaming it on cold tires and lack of street lights, but fact is i was the one twisting the throttle on a dark road and i didnt properly warm up my tires first!

I've probably got about 25k more trouble-free miles under my belt since then, now I just have to convince that wife that a Hayabusa isn't a ticket for me to travel the world at 150mph haha - she isn't too thrilled with the idea, but i thikn if i pull up on this she'll relent.

6000000003.jpg

What's up everyone!

I'm in the market for a new bike and I've narrowed it down to several, Hayabusa is at the top of my list.
I can't wait to go look at a flawless, bone stock 2011 tomorrow near where I live.

I've been riding about 10 years now, I've had a handful of bikes (06 Shadow, 05 Warrior, 07 Z1000, 96 VFR, 13 CB1100 which I sold today, and I currently still have 06 XL1200C and i picked up dirt cheap) but nothing near as powerful as the mighty 1300! I guess the closest I've been is my Z, which had about 125bhp and 75ft/lbs; which probably translated to like 110/65 or so at the wheel. That bike was quick, but NOTHING like a Hayabusa.

I've actually ridden quite a few bikes - we have a local bike group with over 1000 people, so I've ridden all the liter bikes, a really sweet zx14, several hayabusas, etc, etc so I have some experience. My brother-in-law currently has a 205whp drag Hayabusa that he let me ride - stretched, slammed, strapped, air shifter and stupid (I mean STUPID) quick. That thing scared the ever-living **** out of me - i don't know how he handles that monster haha!

Well i hope to learn a lot, my main concern is all. that. power! I'm afraid I'm going to bring it home and feel overwhelmed. I see a lot C Mode in my immediate future before i move up to the big boy mode haha.

You will learn fast the power is extreamly manageable. And I would not recommend using c mode to drive or get use to it. You'll forget to change mode and that's when you will be surprised and get in to trouble. Personally I use the c mode every time i ride in the rain. Sadly that is a lot.

And you got the best color combo 10xs better than any other ones out there.

Congrats on the new bike!

What's up everyone!

Good choice bro , you can't go wrong with the busa, I'm on number 4 ( 1×gen 1 & 3×gen 2 all from new)

i just got home - WOW, what a fun bike. I pulled the trigger and i'm glad I did!

I'm excited to mod it a little bit, i'm probably going to set it up for sport touring duty with some bar risers and probably a slip on for a little sound, but not much more than that!

I love the stock height and, actually, I like the stealth mode of the stock exhaust! So we'll see how it goes!!

Thanks everyone, look forward to this!

15202583_1140245209364234_2820866263198563442_n.jpg

Congratulations on the new bike. Look into the kickstand mod first thing. It's free and worth thousands (literally). Before you pull the trigger on slipons think about a full exhaust. Not counting the extra power, which most of us don't need, it will also offer more weight savings and a better sound. That's worth an extra couple hundred and you will be happy you done it in the long run.

yeah im amazed at the cost of slip ons, i was planning on 3-400 for some slip ons, but i'm seeing more like 800-1000..for that price i'd do a full system for sure

i just got home - WOW, what a fun bike. I pulled the trigger and i'm glad I did!

I'm excited to mod it a little bit, i'm probably going to set it up for sport touring duty with some bar risers and probably a slip on for a little sound, but not much more than that!

I love the stock height and, actually, I like the stealth mode of the stock exhaust! So we'll see how it goes!!

Thanks everyone, look forward to this!

View attachment 1570049
Congrats on the new ride!!! She is beautiful. By the way, I currently have a 1in rising block listed on the classifieds, if you are interested.

Congratulations on the new bike. Look into the kickstand mod first thing. It's free and worth thousands (literally). Before you pull the trigger on slipons think about a full exhaust. Not counting the extra power, which most of us don't need, it will also offer more weight savings and a better sound. That's worth an extra couple hundred and you will be happy you done it in the long run.

Listen to nosbig. I went the slip on route and when summer arrived here in Florida, the catalytic converter was cooking my feet (it's between your footpegs), I swapped it for a V&H header and In the end, i sold all that and went with a full yoshimura R77. Main reason I went with it was due to how quiet it is compared to others. I hate a super loud pipe. I'm super happy, but I lost some cash switching things around, when I could have Done a full system the first time and save a lot of money and wrenching time.

yeah i'm going full system for sure. it was about 55 degrees riding home last night and i was amazed at the heat from the cat!! i can't image that in 85-90 weather

i'll check the classifieds now, i don't want to lower the front end so i was thinking about heilibars, i'll check what you've got out and let you know! thanks!

yeah i'm going full system for sure. it was about 55 degrees riding home last night and i was amazed at the heat from the cat!! i can't image that in 85-90 weather

i'll check the classifieds now, i don't want to lower the front end so i was thinking about heilibars, i'll check what you've got out and let you know! thanks!
putting a spacer on does not lower the front an inch, it rises the handle bars an inch, unless, you loosen the forks and push them in to the spacer. There is a lot of us running a spacer/helibar combo. I personally think is a great setup and made a huge difference in how long I can ride. Several hundred miles in a day are not a problem anymore. Do some searching on here about helibars and genmar or soupys risers to see how people have done it.

ahhh gotcha thanks, some of the ones i read said you lowered the front 1" and that raised the bars.....cool i have a lot of reading to do!

saw your ad, i'll take 'em, i misread. I was thinking you had to lower it to use the block, since you don't have to, this should be perfect for me.

If this isn't enough i'll add some helibars down the road....thanks man!

Back