Digatal Speedo

Ham

Registered
hello i want to add just a digital speedo to my beast and don't know the first place to look.
Please help, and post pics if you have any

Im guess that if i add a aftermarket digital gauges i will lose the check engine light feature

If i find a set cheap i may just mess with it. So say the fuel gauge won't work

If i find a set cheap i may just mess with it. So say the fuel gauge won't work

I couldn't tell you.
I have seen a couple Busas with 1k gauges on here.
I'm sure a fuel guage could be made to work.
If you do change speedometers, www.Scottsbluegages.com can legally change the odometer to be accurate on the new ones.

digital-lcd-gauges-md3-jpg.276658.jpg

I use a KOSO dash on one of my bikes. Not a Busa but a similar age 4 cylinder 1400cc fuel injected GSX1400 that came as a wreck with smashed clocks.

I chose the KOSO as they have a reputation for quality.
They also came with 3 different rev scales and black or white faces.
Most stuff like main beam, back light, indicators, revs, oil light was easy.
I may have got away with the factory speedo drive but I took the easy option of one wire down the brake line to a sensor that counts the disc Burke bobbins. No magnets to glue on like some models.
Fuel gauge was easy to set up using the bikes original feed.

No, I don't get the bikes original fault diagnostics. I did wire the KOSO up to a factory plug so plugging in someone's factory clocks is still an option.

Clocks have a few extras like remembering highest revs, speed and temperature since the trip was reset. An "Over speed" warning for those long tired highway runs. A neat shift and pre-shift drag style light. A trail of orange LED's that follow the rev counter needle on the dial.

I have oil and water temp senders but haven't wired them in yet.

Back