Heli Bars And New Seat Worth It?

Redwhite&busa

Registered
So I have seen quite a few post about the heli bars and people getting good different seats. My questions is do you think it's worth it. I recently road about 700 miles over 2 days and was perfectly fine. I have also made treks from central Florida to North Mississippi and back. My bike has the stock handle bars and seat. I was wondering if making these improvements would make the ride alot better or should I just not worry about it?

Seats, bars, rearsets, windsheilds. It's all about making your bike more comfortable to you. If stock is comfortable to you then that's just money in the bank, ride on brother.

Thanks. I think im going to save my money and just get a zero gravity double bubble windshield and a ram mount. Thanks again.

I have a stem stand for my V1 and a Throttlemeister but for some reason even after ten years the stock seat is still comfy! My 06 is the only bike I've ever had that had a good OEM seat. After 60,000 miles I have changed to Buell pegs mostly due to an old crash knee and cold weather riding. It tends to stiffen up. So far, except for draggin my boots occasionally, the pegs are working out. I have a 37" sleeve so the stock 'grips' are ok. I have thought of Heli-Bars but just haven't gotten around to it. Not sure I need them. I've heard a different shield should go with the Heli's since the stock shield will direct air right in your face once you're higher.

+1 on Nosbig's post.
Seats, bars, and windsheilds are 100% a personal preference.
I went through multiple seat and bar combos on my gen2.
Your best bet is to try them personally before buying.
Considering how far you ride, I'm sure you could meet an org member somewhere and try there bars(maybe even ride their bike).
And switch seats with someone for a ride.
It's alot of money to spend/waste to find out something isn't right for YOU.

A Corbin seat will change the way your butt feels and is miles better than stock. OEM seat always goes in favor of a Corbin or Mustang depending on the bike.

Im 6'1 and I love the way the bars sit. I think it tends to be shorter guys that go for heli bars from what I have seen locally.

Thanks. I think im going to save my money and just get a zero gravity double bubble windshield and a ram mount. Thanks again.

Hey RW&B, I'm a bit late to this thread, so FWIW, I tried the ZG double bubble and I did not like it... at all. It was changing the flow of air away from my chest but bringing the turbulence right at the height of my helmet. I ended up putting back the stock. I also have a Touratech mount that locks the Zumo 660, making it a bit more difficult to snatch!

R

Night and day difference between oem seat and corbins. Watch ebay for em.. I picked up a complete set (front, rear and backrest) for $325 shipped for my gen 2. Also. I'm impressed with the addition of Soupy's 1" bar riser. I didn't have an issue leaning over as I also have a long arm reach, but I found the extra inch really improved comfort. Next on the comfort list will be cycle pirates 360° pegs.

Hey RW&B, I'm a bit late to this thread, so FWIW, I tried the ZG double bubble and I did not like it... at all. It was changing the flow of air away from my chest but bringing the turbulence right at the height of my helmet. I ended up putting back the stock. I also have a Touratech mount that locks the Zumo 660, making it a bit more difficult to snatch!

R
Wow that's the first time I heard someone say they don't like the double bubble. Everybody I know raves about them. I have to look into the touratech mount

Back