Best tires for Hayabusa

You should get at least 10k on the PR3 with no burnouts !

I try my best not to do BIG John Force style burn outs ~ but when I do, I get me one of those Shinko tires . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I try my best not to do BIG John Force style burn outs ~ but when I do, I get me one of those Shinko tires . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe it's just me - But I can't believe that inhaling all the fumes and rubber particles is good for them/you.

I see Cancer in their future - but I guess there having a good time and will not think about getting Cancer from doing that until it's too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me - But I can't believe that inhaling all the fumes and rubber particles is good for them/you.

I see Cancer in their future - but I guess there having a good time and will not think about getting Cancer from doing that until it's too late.

.......everything causes cancer now days.

I ride motorcycles at insane speeds at the track, I doubt cancer will be the thing most here worries about.

To each to there own but burn outs don't interest me one bit I rather be cruising on a highway or back road somewhere and thinking :thumbsup:

I've used Bridgestone Battle-axe :lol: Michelin Pilot Power's and Pirelli Angel GT's
Hands down performance and longevity the Pirelli's take the cake, or whatever the kids are eating these days.
:thumbsup:

I have been running pilot road 4s now for over a year after using pilot road 3s. Both are perfect in wet weather and have got real good milage from them. The last set i got over 27000 kilometres which on a busa is unheard of in New Zealand although many riders get good ks out of them if you look after them. They're more expensive than other brands but are worth the extra. Mike

I ordered a Rosso front, got it mounted today and fixing to go put back on the bike. So much better tread than the OEM tire.

I need to correct myself, I'll NEVER buy another Rosso front tire. It didn't even make it a year and within 6 months it was cupping bad enough I'd get head shake when doing 120. Before I swapped it a month ago, I got maybe 5k out of it.

SHINKO tires have to be the BEST tires ever made, EVER ! ! ! . . . :rofl:

Personally,
I was in love with my Metzeler M5's.

They stuck awesome to the ground,
I always rode pretty hard,
so I typically got maybe 3500 miles out of them.

Second Choice . . .

Pirelli Angels.

They are a good all around tire.

I got a rear for free from a buddy of mine,
but I never had a NEW set on my bike.

So I can't say how they perform as a total set up.

But with an M5 in the front,
I loved it.

hqdefault.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a good Shinko.

Just my 2 cents here.

Red, *<(:{)-

Totally unheard of..

You must live in the North Island ?
Alas yes. But our roads are are various state of crap, mostly hot mix seal , light grade chip. I have been over Arthur's pass and noticed the chip grades to suit the ice down there. At least you don't have as many Chinese drivers trying to and in some cases killing us.

Alas yes. But our roads are are various state of crap, mostly hot mix seal , light grade chip. I have been over Arthur's pass and noticed the chip grades to suit the ice down there. At least you don't have as many Chinese drivers trying to and in some cases killing us.
Oh and buy the way doing burn outs although fun unfortunately is frowned upon buy those charged with the duty of taking money from us.

I ride Metzeler Interact z8 , I get about 10,000 km with rear tire and the grip is very good even in the rain. I only got 5000 km with the OEM.

I have ran pirelli diablo 3s (i think that is what they were) and I will never buy another pirelli. It was way too soft. Just on everyday riding, when i was done there would be boogers thrown all over from the rear tire. They didn't last much over 3000. I don't do burnouts or anything like that.

I am now running on 3rd set of Michelin Road Pilot 4 GT, they lasted me 9,000 miles and were still road legal (had 1.4mm thread depth) (both front and rear). I recommend the standard size for rear 190/50/17 (not the 55 as it only lasted 6,000 miles for some reason). If you do want to get MRP4 make sure you get the GT version.

Back