Transmission Snatch

gixerich

Registered
hello there from Manchester, UK! I have a 2015 model and it has an annoying "snatch"/"clunk" when releasing the clutch to set off. it is only really once bike warmed up on a ride. the chain tension is ok and my garage can't see any problem. Is this normal? it's just rather irritating. thanks, Rich

Sputter it's whatever throttle position, either setting off steady or higher revs. Not as bad if roll backwards slightly before launch. It is like it's taking up slack in the chain but like I say chain tension is fine

Sounds likes your cush drive,grab the rear sprocket and check movement, what's the mileage

Last edited:
So I take it only on launch? It is possible the dampers in the rear wheel are loose. The replacement dampers are a good inexpensive upgrade regardless. The other item may be the clutch. You can check Brock's or MTC for the upgrades but check dampers or upgrade first.

I had a knock / clunk when pressing rear brake ,ended up changing chain and sprockets but still there. In the end removed both side failings and tried to get a better idear, found bottom engine mount slightly loose Even though it looked tight so retorqued all mounts and solved.Try the easy things first, remove back wheel and check cush drive rubbers for wear cracking before getting your money out.It cost me £220 to find that out

it is this piece loading and unloading.. convert to 1 piece and done.. we have in stock lmk

20160318_181756.jpg

Dave S the mileage is only 8000 miles, had bike 18 months from new, cush rubbers 'seem' fine. Golden child what is the name of that part, where can I get it and how much is it?

hello there from Manchester, UK! I have a 2015 model and it has an annoying "snatch"/"clunk" when releasing the clutch to set off. it is only really once bike warmed up on a ride. the chain tension is ok and my garage can't see any problem. Is this normal? it's just rather irritating. thanks, Rich
I have that noise to when hot. I also can hear it changing down from third to second to 1st. 2013 with 4000 miles. Did you find anything else about it?

I have that noise to when hot. I also can hear it changing down from third to second to 1st. 2013 with 4000 miles. Did you find anything else about it?
Found out that it is part of the slipper clutch that makes the snap sound. ....some do it some don't. According to a head mechanic of a suzuki dealership.

Back