60' Time

Stock wheelbase you can go 1 or 2 teeth up in the rear depending on rider weight and how aggressive you will get. More gearing makes leaving easier but you can also cause it to be more wheelie prone as you are launching and even later in 1st gear when it starts making good power. How you sit on the bike and get your weight low and forward will be a big factor in how much gearing you can get away with. With practice getting in the 1.5's should be a realistic goal.

Stock wheelbase you can go 1 or 2 teeth up in the rear depending on rider weight and how aggressive you will get. More gearing makes leaving easier but you can also cause it to be more wheelie prone as you are launching and even later in 1st gear when it starts making good power. How you sit on the bike and get your weight low and forward will be a big factor in how much gearing you can get away with. With practice getting in the 1.5's should be a realistic goal.

For a stock wheelbase bike and no tricks, stock gearing is pretty hard to beat. Like Dennis said, maybe a tooth or two on the rear would be ok. I think I saw a 1.59 a time or two at stock wheel base, mostly low 1.6's. Good luck!

I tried s 46 rear sprocket when my bike was at the stock wheelbase and I lost consistency due to my 60' being all over the place. It was much easier to ride with stock gearing. With stock gearing I was low 1.60 60' with an occasional 1.59

I have been at this awhile on my ZRX drag bike @ 56.5" wheel base weighing just 430 pounds wet , and I'm 140 pounds with just a mere 148 hp to the wheel . 60' are 1.60's avg with 1.55 best . 17/44 but my trans ratio is different than hayabusa . I'm going to say going up teeth will do like my ride and increase 60' foot times to high 1.70's low 1.80's . To much wheelie action is going to be going on . also might lower E.T. due to big end mph decrease/having to shift one more shift than before .

We are going to a 17/44 set up.

My rider weight is 174 and he leaves at 6000- 6200 hope this works out.

With your rider being that light ~ it will be easier to let the clutch out . . .

But he'll need to shift the bike another gear !

Let us know what you find ?

Red, *<(:{)-

I'm no expert but I tried my hand at swb for awhile. I would actually try knocking a 1 tooth off the rear sprocket. Your rider is light. I'm 185 suited my best 60' (1.54) was cut with 17/42. I wish I would've tried 18/42.

With your rider being that light ~ it will be easier to let the clutch out . . .

But he'll need to shift the bike another gear !

Let us know what you find ?

Red, *<:){)-
On a good run were already having to make the extra shift already do that won't be a problem.

I have been at this awhile on my ZRX drag bike @ 56.5" wheel base weighing just 430 pounds wet , and I'm 140 pounds with just a mere 148 hp to the wheel . 60' are 1.60's avg with 1.55 best . 17/44 but my trans ratio is different than hayabusa . I'm going to say going up teeth will do like my ride and increase 60' foot times to high 1.70's low 1.80's . To much wheelie action is going to be going on . also might lower E.T. due to big end mph decrease/having to shift one more shift than before .
Not worried about wheelies, we don't have a problem with that now.

For a stock wheelbase bike and no tricks, stock gearing is pretty hard to beat. Like Dennis said, maybe a tooth or two on the rear would be ok. I think I saw a 1.59 a time or two at stock wheel base, mostly low 1.6's. Good luck!
Oh it's had some suspension tricks!!!

Gen1 will be better with that gear than Gen2, but it still is a lot. Try it and see how it works. A lighter rider helps keep the center of gravity lower so you can get away with more.

Gen 1 will be better with that gear than a Gen 2,
but it still is a lot of gear.

Try it and see how it works.

A lighter rider helps keep the center of gravity lower so you can get away with more.

My Gen 1 Hayabusa had that gear & she was easy to ride ~ however she went faster with 17 / 40 & my 60' time was better .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5rLuy-Lrlm1mQCmuqyE1weMYnFCSks-cKaHWUcDKkOR4kWJcY.jpg

Back