Does Anyone Have This Bell?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Well, its time to replace the lid. I dont know why, but I am toying around with idea of pilot style helmets. I really like Osbe and Roof, but I want a hard chin guard and need something available in the states. Can anyone point me in a direction? I was looking at the Nolan N44 as well. Thoughts?'

http://www.boxer-helmets.com/

http://www.osbeusa.com/categories

Looking at this Bell too, I really like the look and have been wanting a modular. Does anyone have this one?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...8&sizeid=111&gclid=COLE6JrqhcwCFQ5qfgods7IB6g

Last edited:
never seen those before, what did Uncle Steve use?

Uncle Steve had a Shoei modular.

After looking at the pics from "dumped at 50" id say no trying to look like topgun.

Not really the look I was thinking of, but thanks. I was wanting a modular because I cant get my big ole ears in the helmet very easy, and I want to try something different.

Last edited:
Not sure, would like to know if some has tried one. I need to head down to Chaparral in San Bernardino and try a bunch on. Except for one Icon, I have been wearing Shoei for the last 10 years and was thinking about another brand.

I'de try a Bell, just for a fit comparison to Shoei(I've owned a few of both over the years).
Bell sent me their newest Star a few weeks ago for a warranty replacement on my old Star.
(had a 5 year warranty, had 5 months left on it. It had a freak problem since it was only weeks old(and off to the closet it went), like compressed air blowing in my eyes and literally couldn't see when I turned my head. Bell sent me a paid fed-ex label. They called 3 days later and said they could find no problems with it...but; No problem, we'll send you a replacement! I didn't want the colors they had left in the old Star, so, they said if I wanted to wait a month or so they'de send me the new Star Panavision! Uhhh, ok.
Cost me $0. Excellent customer service! Which is hard to find now days.
Called the Panavision because the peripheral vision is better than ANY helmet I've ever owned or tried(and that's alot).
But...I haven't ridden in it yet, been too busy or I just didn't want to ride in the cold.
Personally, I would avoid any helmet(even full face)that has slide down sunglasses/goggles inside.
Reason being, they are ALL only DOT rated. Never have I seen a Snell rated helmet like that.
My guess is because those lids can't pass Snell standards.
DOT ratings don't take much to pass, and Snell testing is to a higher standard.
There are good cheap helmets out there, and many over priced ones.
My concern is that the helmet would fracture or come apart where the goggles slide.
Who knows how your head will fair in any crash, but the stronger the helmet the better.

"Personally, I would avoid any helmet(even full face)that has slide down sunglasses/goggles inside.
Reason being, they are ALL only DOT rated. Never have I seen a Snell rated helmet like that."

My Scorpion EXO 1000 has a drop down sunshield and is Snell Rated. Not sure about the new ones.

"Personally, I would avoid any helmet(even full face)that has slide down sunglasses/goggles inside.
Reason being, they are ALL only DOT rated. Never have I seen a Snell rated helmet like that."

My Scorpion EXO 1000 has a drop down sunshield and is Snell Rated. Not sure about the new ones.

As I said, I'de never seen a Snell approved helmet with sliding goggles.
Regardless, I wouldn't trust it. It's an obvious weak spot completely down the center of the helmet.
Some folks wear non DOT half helmets, some don't mind open face helemets, some don't wear a helmet at all.
It's your head, wear what YOU the individual are comforatble with.

WIN_20160807_21_20_39_Pro.jpg WIN_20160807_21_19_56_Pro.jpg Now you have seen one . Granted it's a Snell 2005. It's getting long in the tooth and I can't get parts for it any more. It's also quite noisy and I want something more compatible with my Sena 20 speakers. Next helmet will be a Shoei GT Air or X-14, I've read good reviews on both but I haven't decided yet.

WIN_20160807_21_20_39_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160807_21_19_56_Pro.jpg

Back