Change Oil

busanewb

Registered
I just got my bike dyno tuned. Before the bike went on the dyno I changed the oil to amsoil. Do you think I should change the oil again now that the bike is tuned, or do you think it's fine? I don't run my oil longer than 3000 miles which I had planned to do, but I read a post on here about changing both before and after tuning.

No way. I can't think of a reason to change it, unless you're a pro racer who rebuilds the engine after every run or two and the tune counts as a run. Then I guess you'd be tuned to have new oil, so you MIGHT want to keep that. But for the everyday rider, no way.

Last edited:
I just got my bike dyno tuned.

Before the bike went on the dyno I changed the oil to Amsoil.

Do you think I should change the oil again now that the bike is tuned,
or do you think it's fine?

I don't run my oil longer than 3000 miles which I had planned to do,
but I read a post on here about changing both before and after tuning.

Put a drop of oil on clean tissue paper ~ if it pushes the dirt ring out, it's still good . . .

I was just being paranoid about the oil since we made probably 20 passes on the dyno and Temps did get higher than normal.

Stupid question about oil change... do tall fill your filter up before installing? And did it take a full 4 quarts?

I lube the rubber seal with new oil, but that's it. I don't fill it. It'll fill within a few seconds of being started.

I was just being paranoid about the oil since we made probably 20 passes on the dyno and Temps did get higher than normal.

Stupid question about oil change... do tall fill your filter up before installing? And did it take a full 4 quarts?
I fill it so it isn't running on air till it fills, and 3000 miles is just throwing good oil away.

I just got my bike dyno tuned. Before the bike went on the dyno I changed the oil to amsoil. Do you think I should change the oil again now that the bike is tuned, or do you think it's fine? I don't run my oil longer than 3000 miles which I had planned to do, but I read a post on here about changing both before and after tuning.
Under warranty they usually replace every 6000kms or every service, to check for contaminants (official reason ),although at 25000kms it seems a little overkill to keep dumping it so often,my last 3 gen2 busas have been through this circus .

I'm curious to know why you spend the extra cash on quality oil to dump at 3k miles anyways? I ask because amsoil is all I put in all my vehicles and it's not cheap!

I'm curious to know why you spend the extra cash on quality oil to dump at 3k miles anyways? I ask because amsoil is all I put in all my vehicles and it's not cheap!

I have a dealer friend who has been having Blackstone doing oil tests on his samples @ 5500 miles on a zrx1200R kaw . oil is still good for last 3 samples . he uses amsoil/ filter .

I have a dealer friend who has been having Blackstone doing oil tests on his samples @ 5500 miles on a zrx1200R kaw . oil is still good for last 3 samples . he uses amsoil/ filter .
That's why I asked. I've also sent my oil samples to them to see if I could go 10k miles on their oil and at 5k miles, all they found was that I still had some silicone content in the oil. Bike had only 7k miles or so when I had it tested so, they suggested changing it to get all that silicone from the break in period and testing the next oil. I'm waiting to hit 5k miles on this new oil to send them a sample. The sample kit I sitting on my bench waiting.

Last edited:
Back