Building A Exo-busa Kit Car

Franknbeans

Registered
Hi all,

I'm getting things lined up to start building a Mevabusa kit car. It's a Exoskeleton car with a Hayabusa motor. Designed and built by a company in London there's only 2 in the US right now. One sold to me and another to a guy in AZ.
mevabusa_06.jpg

I already have a 2006 Hayabusa lined up for the donor. I paid $5,500 for it it only has 9,000 miles on it. The bike is completely stock at the moment.

I'm stopping by here to see what I should look out for. Are there any things I should watch out for with a 2006 Busa? Bearings, seals, etc?

I was thinking about adding a Power Comander to the motor, is this as simple as plug, play and forget?

Thanks for all the help. I'm sure I will be back here with a bunch more questions during the build process.

(Looking for a factory service manual. I need this to trace wires for the kit.)

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the bike was taken care of and serviced regularly there arent really any issues. You could do a PCV which is plug&play or tune through the ECU.

I thought about that too. But right now I already have $28,000 wrapped up in the kit.

I understand the money. I look forward to you keeping us updated on you progress. Good thing about turbo is that is always something that can be done at a later date.

Will do. I'll keep on posting in this thread not to have to many on a bike forum about a bike-engineered-car.

Color scheme will mimic the old Gulf GT40.

Gold Frame, orange rims, and the Gulf Livery bodywork.

329363-ford-gt40.jpg

I talked to the guy a dove racing a few years back about building one of these. He was very interested in hearing all about my turbo busa motor :D

Looks like you got a LOT of space back there. You should do the first TWIN turbo busa motor!!! :D

Question guys... Is there a download for a 2006 Busa book? Like a Chiltons book? Need a wiring schematic of the whole bike.

Back