Well, I have 10 days with just me and the Busa

Since you don't have a destination... how about a theme. Pick a compass heading then go to - say - Civil war Battlefields or Cool Bridges or War memorials - Baseball fields, National Parks, Bar-b-que dives -Top ten Gentleman's clubs - one a night perhaps.

Well, I'm 8 days away. The bike is getting a full service tonight and sorting out some head bearing issues I believe I have. Hopefully a re-torque of the steering head does the trick. Then a complete once-over and a "shakedown" ride this weekend will mean I'm ready to leave next Friday.

This will probably be my "rough" route to get out to Colorado and to get back home. I could take 70 home instead of 80, not sure there. So just getting to CO and back kills 6 of my days, so I'll have 3-4 days to ride wherever I want once I get out there. We'll see. I haven't "officially" planned anything, so a Canada or East Coast trip isn't out of the question.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mil...22b5417b84!2m2!1d-87.9064736!2d43.0389025!3e0

Still starting to get ready, nerves kickin' in, etc. Can't wait!

You have a Concours and your going to CO and not going to hit that National Rally in Cortez CO which would only be a couple hundred miles away ???

And during your time table period? ???

You have a Concours and your going to CO and not going to hit that National Rally in Cortez CO which would only be a couple hundred miles away ???

And during your time table period? ???

Yes. The Rally looks totally awesome with thousands of Connies, but it also would eat at the MINIMUM 2 days of my trip. I'd rather ride.

Well, I'm 8 days away. The bike is getting a full service tonight and sorting out some head bearing issues I believe I have. Hopefully a re-torque of the steering head does the trick. Then a complete once-over and a "shakedown" ride this weekend will mean I'm ready to leave next Friday.

This will probably be my "rough" route to get out to Colorado and to get back home. I could take 70 home instead of 80, not sure there. So just getting to CO and back kills 6 of my days, so I'll have 3-4 days to ride wherever I want once I get out there. We'll see. I haven't "officially" planned anything, so a Canada or East Coast trip isn't out of the question.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mil...22b5417b84!2m2!1d-87.9064736!2d43.0389025!3e0

Still starting to get ready, nerves kickin' in, etc. Can't wait!

If you take the I80 route let my know when you'll be near the Grand Island, NE exit, and I'll meet you for dinner if I'm not working or sleeping.

Also watch your speed until you get out past Big Springs, the state troopers here don't have any sense of humor,, at all.

Back