How to make a gen 2 the best bike you ever owned

I haven't masterd it yet. But any 1000cc bike I've raced never had a chance. Frank at powerhouse did an amazing job. Bike is solid. Couldn't be more happy with how it preforms.

Got new levers.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, off subject a tad but what sprocket sizes are you running? and what would be the best or tallest ratio i can physically fit to a stock busa? reason being im going to the annual salt lake race week here in Australia in March, so wanted to see how fast it will go on a 9mile straight if i gear it up. The record for a P/P Class i.e. Totally Stock Busa was in 2010 @203.5mph!
Obviously i cant go to tall on a stock motor it still needs to rev out

maybe theres a thread on top speed salt flat runs with preparations i need to do etc.

hi, off subject a tad but what sprocket sizes are you running? and what would be the best or tallest ratio i can physically fit to a stock busa? reason being im going to the annual salt lake race week here in Australia in March, so wanted to see how fast it will go on a 9mile straight if i gear it up. The record for a P/P Class i.e. Totally Stock Busa was in 2010 @203.5mph!

maybe theres a thread on top speed salt flat runs with preparations i need to do etc.

I'm no expert - But according the a gear chart - a front 18 and rear 38 should get you well over 200mph.

thanks,
Yes well im just on Schnitz Racing as i needed to order a few things (Tiger Racing Metal Chain Guard for the race rules, kill switch etc) and im ordering Sprockets to try out, I've noticed for the 2008+ Busa there is no bigger Front Sprocket option? (must be a clearance issue maybe?) so that stays at 18Tooth.
Makes it easier now just need some rear Sprockets,
Was going to drop it in 2 Tooth Stages so if stock is 43, get 41 & 39.
But if you reckon the stock motor will rev out with 38? then i could try 40 & 38

The Bike Steward tells me i can make changes to the Air Box and still be in P (Production) Class, Where is the Info on here for the Air Box? and this Pair Vavle Mod? (Apologies for the newby questions i only have a few weeks to get the bike ready, i will search for the Info but if someone has a good link i'll go to it and stop side tracking your thread, sorry bout that)
Cheers

start ur own thread.

thanks,
Yes well im just on Schnitz Racing as i needed to order a few things (Tiger Racing Metal Chain Guard for the race rules, kill switch etc) and im ordering Sprockets to try out, I've noticed for the 2008+ Busa there is no bigger Front Sprocket option? (must be a clearance issue maybe?) so that stays at 18Tooth.
But if you reckon the stock motor will rev out with 38? then i could try 40 & 38

The Bike Steward tells me i can make changes to the Air Box and still be in P (Production) Class, Where is the Info on here for the Air Box? and this Pair Vavle Mod? (Apologies for the newby questions i only have a few weeks to get the bike ready, i will search for the Info but if someone has a good link i'll go to it and stop side tracking your thread, sorry bout that)
Cheers

thanks,

Cheers

I'll send you a PM but start a new thread for discussion... ;)

P.S...DO NOT ORDER a 40, 39, or 38 with a stock arm/chain bike!

Back