Foot pegs lowered

Hey Guys,........I still sell the Buell packages,..........but currently waiting on a backorder to be released. My supplier says 2/1/14 as the release date. As far as Knight Designs are concerned,.....I called them a little over 2 years ago to see if they had interest to machine pegs to my specs for the Busa. They were supposed to get back to me with pricing and we come to a contracted agreement. WELL,.........over 2 years later,.........still no phone call. But I do see them selling pegs as WE had discussed. IMAGINE THAT?? The way I see it..........bad things will come to those who deserve it!!

Gsxr1300, send a PM to IsiahStites on here, I'm sure he could produce those pegs for ya!

Alicia here from Knight Design.. we make the pegs that Boo wrote about, and I am the lady he spoke to. Some info about our parts:
- We started our business in 2007; we owned a Buell XB and didn't like the cheap cast foot pegs it had. They snap too easily - Buell owners regularly complain that they bump a peg going through the garage door and it snaps. We designed our pegs to be the same dimensions as the stock Buell pegs - but we machine them out of high quality aluminum (6061-T6).
- Over the years we've used our base design foot peg and changed the machining on the mount to fit quite a few bike models, including Hayabusas. Our pegs are not modified to fit, they are machined to fit from the start. For instance, Buell pegs have an 11mm hole for mounting. Hayabusas have an 8mm hole. Our pegs are made with the correct size hole and other mounting geometry.
- We did, indeed, have a friendly conversation with Joe a couple years back, but prefer to sell our parts ourselves. Our design already existed at the time. No information changed hands, no money changed hands, and there was no contract of any sort. There is no coincidence that our parts look similar in outer dimensions - his are Buell foot pegs; ours were originally designed from our Buell foot pegs.
- We make 1 inch and 2 inch lowered foot pegs for Hayabusa models, as well as many other makes and models. Check us out of you're looking for parts - our prices are very reasonable for quality machined parts, they fit and work great, and we have top notch lead times, quality, and customer service. Knight Design Homepage

Do the Buell pegs cause problems with aftermarket exhausts such as the Brocks? Any other issues such as clearance during a lean?

Thanks,

JPunisher

Just found the answer to my own question on an old thread. GSX1300R-T, sending a PM. I am very interested. Thanks.

JPunisher

Do the Buell pegs cause problems with aftermarket exhausts such as the Brocks? Any other issues such as clearance during a lean?

Thanks,

JPunisher
I can vouch that clearance in corners is no problem with this mod.

Thanks for the feedback. I know this has all been discussed before but the search function does not like short words such as Pegs and Mod.

Here is another alternative for foot pegs, for all busa's
MFW Vario Passenger pegs, they are pricey, but well worth it!

http://http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mfw-vario-footpeg-mount-passenger-suzuki-bandit-650-non-abs-600-gsx750f-katana-gsx-r600-gsx-r750-gsx-r1000-sv650-sv1000-gsx1300r-hayabusa

There are 3 parts to these, the mounts, extensions, and the pegs!

passenger_position2_1_20.jpg

With the 1 inch lowered foot pegs, does the back of you boot ride on the stock exhaust system? When I look at how my foot sits on the peg while riding, it is angled down in the front so it should not be a problem. Just wanted to get some feedback on actual use before i order a set of Buell pegs. Thanks!

Jim

Hey Guys,........I still sell the Buell packages,..........but currently waiting on a backorder to be released. My supplier says 2/1/14 as the release date. As far as Knight Designs are concerned,.....I called them a little over 2 years ago to see if they had interest to machine pegs to my specs for the Busa. They were supposed to get back to me with pricing and we come to a contracted agreement. WELL,.........over 2 years later,.........still no phone call. But I do see them selling pegs as WE had discussed. IMAGINE THAT?? The way I see it..........bad things will come to those who deserve it!!
I realize how old this post is but do you still make them? I am going to figure out how to send you a message as well. Thanks.

Yes I do like them, but I wanted to try something other than the buell pegs, sorry Joe. I just wanted to try them.
Yes, for the Knights, they shipped quick and were at my door in 3 days, yes, they installed in minutes using the oem spring. I am satisfied and these will be on my bike for years to come. And the biggest reason, I have seen the buell pegs snap on fall over. Not what I wanted.

You're right. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't buy them from Knight Design. Best to go with gsx1300r-t and his buell mod. I wish I'd have waited on his shipment to come in. Has nothing to do with cost or material....it's an integrity thing.

On the the hand I just saw a set of Vortex rear sets for $400.00+....guess it's all relative.

Ive been searching and reviewing post about these foot pegs so which is better the Knights Design or the Buell it been about 4 hours reading everything I could and looking on ebay researching all different pegs Im about to shoot my self should I get this or that Im driving my self insane please so input thanks

I also researched the heck out of them. I went with the cheapie Chinese pegs shown on other posts and they work fine. I wanted to ensure I noticed a difference before I shelled out the cost of a Knights (unicorn) or Buell peg set.

I have found I like the cheapies so much, I will keep them and work with them instead.

I would like to order the kit

Went with these...they verified and shipped in 15 minutes! I called just to verify that it actually happened. A very personable lady who knew her business said she was putting them in the box and heading out for the night and dropping them at shipping on her way out. I have a good feeling about these. :thumbsup:

View attachment 272461
Hi where did you buy these thanks

Back