Fairing Removal Question (Frustrated!!)

I'm in the process of trying to get the left side of now and it's not giving at all. I slide my hand under as far as I can and I can hear the plastic being stressed as if it's going to crack

I actually put my thumb underneath the plug and help push it out. Stress crack? CRAP.

I just put my body against the fairing and get my fingers under that piece and pull straight up. I do that after removing everything else of course.

Don't thing there is a glue out there strong enough for that but, inner fairing pieces can be found cheap on ebay

I just put my body against the fairing and get my fingers under that piece and pull straight up. I do that after removing everything else of course.

Don't thing there is a glue out there strong enough for that but, inner fairing pieces can be found cheap on ebay

The plugs are a molded part of the GEN II fairing.. there's no "pieces" that can be replaced...

In regards to glueing plastic piece I have had great luck using epoxy and mesh. I have some now that is Kevlar mesh a buddy of mine got from work but if you go to a hobby shop that does RC Planes they will have something that will work. It is just a very fine mesh that you imbed in the epoxy and it triples the strength. Let me see if I can find a link.

jtjohns,
have you already seen the video tutorial for fairing removal posted by Blanca? I have that video playing in my laptop when I remove my fairing, pretty hard to goon it up with his HOW-TO.

The plugs are a molded part of the GEN II fairing.. there's no "pieces" that can be replaced...
That plug is part of the inner fairing("piece" I'm referring to ) and can be found on eBay for less than $30 used or $60 for the pair. Here is a pic of the back side of it that shows the plug/pin in top center.

image-1541913929.jpg

Unfortunately I have seen blancas video.... I think mine were screwed up by the previous owner or something.

What's the name of the part or a good website to buy plastics from?

Back