Those who went from a Busa to a B-King, any regrets?

hayabuser

Registered
I'm looking at a 2008 B-King for sale, currently riding my second Gen1 Busa which would be sold if the B-King deal goes through.

For those for have sold a Hayabusa to buy a B-King, do you have any regrets at all? On the flip-side, what do you feel the B-King does better than the Busa?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

You may get a different answer from each owner...
Personally, the B-King handles much better than my Gen1, more comfy and has more power also. And I bought it for half price...a WIN, WIN situation for me.
I've owned 2 and never regretted my purchase...

I've been seriously considering getting rid of my 08 gen2 for a B-King for a few years.
Came close a couple times, may even still for the right deal.
Never had a chance to ride a B-King, but sat on a couple.
Felt alot more comfortable to me personally.
Aside from a small difference in valve sizes, it's the same engine.
Turn off the restrictions on either and they are a little faster and alot more agressive(wonderful).
B-King fork is supposedly not as good as the gen2's either, but an easy swap.
You give up aerodynamics and wind protection for a more upright seating position.
I'de love to swap my gen2 for a B-King for a short or long ride anytime.

Well I did it. Yesterday I drove to the dealership on this...

7858590442_07695dfb95_c.jpg

... and rode home on this:

8128256622_8e1057261d_c.jpg

Impressions so far are all good! :thumbsup:

Good for you! Both look immaculate (much like your garage)!

I seriously considered it when I got the Gen-II. The mod list came out smaller. :laugh:

Wanted to build a streetfighter inspired by these:

b-king-streetfighter-3.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-323.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-33.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-20.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-11.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-10.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-9.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-8.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-4.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-30.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-3.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-4.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-8.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-9.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-10.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-11.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-20.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-33.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-323.jpg

b-king-streetfighter-30.jpg

How can you loose? A standard bike with a Busa heart:dunno:

Looks like one for the win column :laugh:

Yeah that would make a great addition to the collection but I wouldnt get rid of a busa for it :whistle:

Tell us how it feels....

Feels great! :cheerleader:

My biggest worry was hanging out in the wind since every bike I've owned since my very first bike (1983 Yamaha Vision... yeah, I know) has been faired, or at least partially faired like my Katana 1100's. Truth is, it's not a bad thing. I always found my neck muscles straining on the Busa since my body would be happy in the still air behind the fairings while my helmet was hanging out in the blast coming off the top of the windscreen. The first thing I noticed was a lot less wind noise inside my helmet and no sore neck after riding. The wind helps hold you up while moving too. The biggest complaint I have is that my hands got cold, but that's only because I had heated grips on the Busa but none (yet!) on the King.

The upright riding position encourages sight-seeing and visibility of surrounding traffic/etc is much better when you're not crouched down over the low bars. Also, without the fairings blocking the wind, I'm riding at a more legal-esque pace. I always found the Busa hit a sweet spot at 130kph in 6th gear which can be risky when most speed limits are 80kph on my favourite roads. I'm finding 85-95kph comfy on the King in 6th with the engine loafing along... engine is barely off idle which is good since the B-King has only a 16.5L tank compared to 21L on the Bus.

More impressions as the miles pile on. :beerchug:

Had a Gen I and Gen II busa. Love the King. Im sad to say I dont miss my busa at all. Other than the obvious riding differences, I love that when I show up to any event, I'm most likely the only King around! When I first riding the busa (which I still love) the didnt see many of them. Now I pull up to bike night and see tons of them. My King is debadged and I sit back and watch people walk around it saying "What the **** is it!" If you like electronics and fun things put under the rear seat and under the fairings, you wont like the king. Passengers wont like the king either. Its bare bones thats for sure.

Feels great! :cheerleader:

My biggest worry was hanging out in the wind since every bike I've owned since my very first bike (1983 Yamaha Vision... yeah, I know) has been faired, or at least partially faired like my Katana 1100's. Truth is, it's not a bad thing. I always found my neck muscles straining on the Busa since my body would be happy in the still air behind the fairings while my helmet was hanging out in the blast coming off the top of the windscreen. The first thing I noticed was a lot less wind noise inside my helmet and no sore neck after riding. The wind helps hold you up while moving too. The biggest complaint I have is that my hands got cold, but that's only because I had heated grips on the Busa but none (yet!) on the King.

The upright riding position encourages sight-seeing and visibility of surrounding traffic/etc is much better when you're not crouched down over the low bars. Also, without the fairings blocking the wind, I'm riding at a more legal-esque pace. I always found the Busa hit a sweet spot at 130kph in 6th gear which can be risky when most speed limits are 80kph on my favourite roads. I'm finding 85-95kph comfy on the King in 6th with the engine loafing along... engine is barely off idle which is good since the B-King has only a 16.5L tank compared to 21L on the Bus.

More impressions as the miles pile on. :beerchug:

I'de buy heated gloves instead of heated grips.
Most heated gloves now heat the backs of your hands too, as opposed to just holding a hot grip.
Great looking bike too:beerchug:

I love that when I show up to any event, I'm most likely the only King around! When I first riding the busa (which I still love) the didnt see many of them. Now I pull up to bike night and see tons of them.

Here, that's not the case. The only Busa's that I would see would be mine and the OPs. I think besides our two busas, I have only seen one other this year on the road.

Here, that's not the case. The only Busa's that I would see would be mine and the OPs. I think besides our two busas, I have only seen one other this year on the road.

They are strangely rare in these parts... I think the city is adding too much Honda KoolAid to the drinking water. You can't move without tripping over a CBR600 around here! :disagree:

I'de buy heated gloves instead of heated grips.
Most heated gloves now heat the backs of your hands too, as opposed to just holding a hot grip.
Great looking bike too:beerchug:

Went with the Oxford heated grips again. Glad to have warm palms again! :cheerleader:

Back