The TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPALOOZA** PART DEAUX - Barber 20-21 OCT 2012

The Titans and Handroids are both here now. I've been wearing the Handroids around the house, and they seem to have loosened up quite a bit. Right out of the box, the Titans fit my hand well, but are pretty loose in the fingers. I'm actually leaning toward the Handroids at this point. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they are $100 cheaper.

Handroid-Titan.jpg

Handroid-Titan-2.jpg

The Titans and Handroids are both here now. I've been wearing the Handroids around the house, and they seem to have loosened up quite a bit. Right out of the box, the Titans fit my hand well, but are pretty loose in the fingers. I'm actually leaning toward the Handroids at this point. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they are $100 cheaper.

So the Titans were $100 MORE than the Handroids ::11

So the Titans were $100 MORE than the Handroids ::11

Yeah... Handroids $250 and Titans $350. After those Dainese gloves blew open on me, I decided to go ahead and try some of the best.

After wearing the Handroids around the house on and off for a few days, I think they're going to take the win. They seemed too tight at first, but are breaking in nicely. I had to move my brake lever out a little bit to keep the middle finger exoskeleton from touching it when I reach for the lever, but that's no big deal since I've always kept it on the closest setting to the bar. (So far, in almost 5000 miles I've not seen even a little bit of brake fade on the 14R.) While the main area of the hands fits me well on the Titans, the fingers are almost baggy on me. The length is good, but they are too big around and feel a little cumbersome when transitioning to the brakes.

In somewhat related news, I'm pretty sure I've either fractured or torn something related to my left hand Carpal bones. I don't think it will affect my riding, but some everyday tasks have been problematic over the last couple of weeks.
I have an appointment with a doctor at UT on Monday. Is Tom going this weekend? If so, maybe he would be kind enough to give me a trackside opinion? :please:

Yeah... Handroids $250 and Titans $350. After those Dainese gloves blew open on me, I decided to go ahead and try some of the best.

After wearing the Handroids around the house on and off for a few days, I think they're going to take the win. They seemed too tight at first, but are breaking in nicely. I had to move my brake lever out a little bit to keep the middle finger exoskeleton from touching it when I reach for the lever, but that's no big deal since I've always kept it on the closest setting to the bar. (So far, in almost 5000 miles I've not seen even a little bit of brake fade on the 14R.) While the main area of the hands fits me well on the Titans, the fingers are almost baggy on me. The length is good, but they are too big around and feel a little cumbersome when transitioning to the brakes.

In somewhat related news, I'm pretty sure I've either fractured or torn something related to my left hand Carpal bones. I don't think it will affect my riding, but some everyday tasks have been problematic over the last couple of weeks.
I have an appointment with a doctor at UT on Monday. Is Tom going this weekend? If so, maybe he would be kind enough to give me a trackside opinion? :please:

That stinks about the hand. Tom wont be there but UT should be able to fix you up... I had the same thing happen after my crash in Nov 2010. I thought everything was fine and never had a problem until I went back baseball practice in January and started throwing again. Turns out something was jacked up with my collar bone because I could barely throw a baseball and it even hurt to stretch my arm. Fortunately, it worked itself out in a couple months before the season started...

Hope it gets to feeling better because you got some serious riding to do this weekend :thumbsup:

That stinks about the hand. Tom wont be there but UT should be able to fix you up... I had the same thing happen after my crash in Nov 2010. I thought everything was fine and never had a problem until I went back baseball practice in January and started throwing again. Turns out something was jacked up with my collar bone because I could barely throw a baseball and it even hurt to stretch my arm. Fortunately, it worked itself out in a couple months before the season started...

Hope it gets to feeling better because you got some serious riding to do this weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's not too bad when I do something like grip the bars on the bike or make a fist. The problem comes when I do something like try to pick up a drink bottle. If my hand is flat on a desk and I try to move my thumb toward or away from my index finger it is very weak and painful. I think it'll be fine for riding.

Time for some smacktalk!!!

My momma is sooooo sllll ooooooooowwwwww!

So last night I ask my wife; I wonder if Daniel is on facebook (wife is the private investigator that can find most anything). She says; give me a minute. A couple minutes later she ask's; is Daniel's last name Xxxxs??? I said I have no clue... She says; well this can't be him because this guy is talking about some girl named "Fiona" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back