The TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPALOOZA** PART DEAUX - Barber 20-21 OCT 2012

Same here. I've heat cycled it a few times now with Engine Ice, but it's not taking as much as the manual says it should. ???

Same here (only took about 1/2 gallon, called for 3/4 gallon). I bought 2 gallons. I ended up adding about 1/2 gallon Engine Ice, and flushing with the Engine Ice because I thought there was still water hiding somewhere. Worst case, I diluted whatever was hiding in there.

I can tell the Engine Ice works. It's taking probably twice as long to heat up as it did before. I tried leaning the bike over to about 45 degrees on each side to see if any bubbles would come out, but nothing...

The manual says to bleed air from they system by running the engine with the radiator cap removed and leave it off until the coolant quits bubbling. That's a nice idea, except that shortly after starting the bike, the coolant just comes out of the radiator. No bubbles.

Update... Some coolant comes out first, and then come the bubbles. I went through a handful of shop towels soaking up the coolant as some of it came out, but it eventually leveled off and worked the bubbles out. I ran it until the bubbles stopped, then killed the engine and topped it off again. Then I put the cap back on and ran it until the fans started again. I'll check the reservoir level after it cools, then get the plastic back on.

Should be good to go once that's squared away. Next time I'll know what I'm doing... :laugh:

The Gixxer is back together, engine ice in, new( to me :D ) Q2s, and a slick wax job fresh on the bike. :D Ready to ROCK! :laugh: Come on Saturday! :D

These Hampton Inn folks are ridiculous... I've directly called the hotel two times, and both times they pick up the phone and hang it up. I also called the 1-800 number twice. The first time I magically got hung up on, and the second time the girl said I would need to call back another day to make a reservation.

WTH is going on with these people?

Decided to try the 1-800 number again, and was told I needed to call the hotel directly, even though they won't answer the phone.

Freaking spectacular... :rofl:

These Hampton Inn folks are ridiculous... I've directly called the hotel two times, and both times they pick up the phone and hang it up. I also called the 1-800 number twice. The first time I magically got hung up on, and the second time the girl said I would need to call back another day to make a reservation.

WTH is going on with these people?

Sorry, forgot to tell you; they do not accept ZX-14R reservations

Daniel, try calling during the morning or mid afternoon hours. Let them know what happened. Sounds like an off shift worker who dont give a crap. Let me know if you dont get a response and I will call the main HHonors number.

Daniel, try calling during the morning or mid afternoon hours. Let them know what happened. Sounds like an off shift worker who dont give a crap. Let me know if you dont get a response and I will call the main HHonors number.

Yeah, I'll call in the morning and get it all worked out. Thanks.

I need to call and make my reservations tomorrow too!

Yea you better get to gettin :)

And I've talked Diana into taking a 2-up with me in the last session of the day :thumbsup:

I didnt have any problems with the Hampton. Just call the local # for the STT discount and dont call during morning / evening rush as desk traffic is prioritized over phone traffic.

Trey there are radiator bleed instructions in the shop manual suggest u read over.

Check this out.

Capture.JPG

Back