My experiance with a Rock Solid Manufacturing Clutch

teezy

Registered
I get alot of questions about what clutch Im running..... so I figured I would give yall my opinions about the RSM clutch. My clutch is called a Hand Slider which means its a normal street clutch when your riding it on the street but when you go to the track you pop the cover and throw alittle tune in it the clutch...then its a slider...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*whats a slider?
Simply put... instead of sitting on the line revving the bike up to 4500rpm and trying to slip the clutch and apply throttle to get the perfect slip/launch so you get the best 60ft/330ft and WOT asap while trying to not wheelie,flip over or get your feet on the pegs....

You just roll up... rev it to 1500rpm and wack the throttle WOT then hold on while the clutch does the rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im sure you may be thinking....well thats not fun................. well at 230lbs suited I was running consistent 10.0's@138-139mph with 60ft's in the 1.68-1.71. With no changes other then the clutch the bike ran 9.50-9.52@142-143 with 1.50-1.52 60ft's. Front tire never left the ground. Best pass was a 9.47@144

After making around 100 passes with the stock clutch setup we pulled the clutches out and looked at them before installing the RSM clutch and new clutches. They were pretty badly burned. It wouldnt have been long before I would require new ones.

Now we have made over 100 passes with the RSM clutch. Cutting 1.30-1.38 60ft's on motor for the majority and now 1.2's on bottle. The clutchs still look brand new.. The setup doesnt miss a lick and stays extremely consistent. And the front tire never leaves the ground.

yes its pricey... I bought mine from my tuner along with the quick cover and new clutch pack.

RSM clutch $1500.00
Install/tuner $150.00
New clutch pack $180.00
SAE quick cover $359.00
------------------------------
total.................$2189.00

Now RSM clutches are out there used so they dont cost as much. quick covers can be picked up cheaper also..

I put a .036 pill dry shot on the bike....because I couldnt use it till down track it was not OMG impressive. Granted my mph went up alot but et'd a .1 tenth better......but the lower the 60ft and 330ft gets the more fun it is!! Feels like you strapped to a rocket in a sling shot with the brake on till the light turns green!!

If you like to cruise you bike on the street and then do work at the track!! RSM HAND SLIDER is the SHIZZZZZ IT

How long does it take it take you to go from slider mode to the more "street" mode? Is it honestly streetable or just a "cruise" around town thing at best?

How long does it take it take you to go from slider mode to the more "street" mode?

A matter of minutes!!

Is it honestly streetable or just a "cruise" around town thing at best?

Full blown beat the crap out of it street clutch!! Then go to the track throw the tune in the clutch and BAM hand slider!!

Sweet! That pretty much sells me on it then! A good clutch is the next need for my ride. I'm using the stock one and best 60 is 1.42 and avg 1.44, just need to get it down! I also ride on the street some and want to keep that an option, so if the RSM will allow that, that's the way I will go when I buy. Thanks for posting your experience with them. I have heard nothing but good from everyone on them too.:thumbsup:

Sweet! That pretty much sells me on it then! A good clutch is the next need for my ride. I'm using the stock one and best 60 is 1.42 and avg 1.44, just need to get it down! I also ride on the street some and want to keep that an option, so if the RSM will allow that, that's the way I will go when I buy. Thanks for posting your experience with them. I have heard nothing but good from everyone on them too.:thumbsup:

Holla at me when the time comes!! My tuner Jason Rearick is sick at setting them up!!

^ hahaha, touche!

Hey Teezy, can you fill me in exactly on the difference between the "standard" EVO clutch and the GSSF series? Can't seem to find out exactly what the difference is on their website.

Thanks!

The GSSF is design to fit under the stock cover and have 6 steels/7 fibers. What I remember is they were orignally designed for lower hp bikes...due to no room for more steels and fibers they cant handle much power....

The EVO requires the quick cover and has 8 steels/9 fibers. If you have plans of making power or already have power you need the EVO

I see! Perfect! Not sure why you would spend the money if you weren't planning on running some HP!
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

I see! Perfect! Not sure why you would spend the money if you weren't planning on running some HP!
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

I think its because some people dont what to cut the fairings for the quick cover.... and some do have real fast goals. SHXT my plan was to run 8.9's on spray.... never thought 7's was would be right there...

That's true! A lot of sneaky people out there with their grudge bikes too! Tons of grudge bikes where I am. Well I went a 9.22 last night and my bike is only piped and stretched. I figure a good clutch setup and my HTP nitrous stuff just waiting on me to install shuld put me down to 8.4-5's pretty easily! Then a motor build and lots of spray for some 7's in the long run! I hope anyway! :D I can't wait!!!!!

That's true! A lot of sneaky people out there with their grudge bikes too! Tons of grudge bikes where I am. Well I went a 9.22 last night and my bike is only piped and stretched. I figure a good clutch setup and my HTP nitrous stuff just waiting on me to install shuld put me down to 8.4-5's pretty easily! Then a motor build and lots of spray for some 7's in the long run! I hope anyway! :D I can't wait!!!!!

I hear that!!!

Slider clutches been around for 20+ yrs. Its the only way to go if your a dragstrip kinda guy.
not breaking any new news here.

Also saves drive trane and much better tire life. Slider clutches been around since the 80's i can remember buying one from MTC back in 1990. Other racers were saying that will never work as i spent time in between rounds adusting spring pressure and weights.. when my 60' dropped and when my 60' times were all within a few thousandth it went from negative to asking questions. And that was 20+ yrs ago

I think they breaking news here is not some much the slider.....even though the rock solid slider it doing very well.... alot of people that have run other brand sliders and have changed to the Rock Solid slider couldnt be happier... I think its more user friendly.... Its the "hand slider" setup thats breaking news... Being able to go from a normal hand clutch to slider in just minutes . Ride it to the track.....pop cover...throw a tune in it..BAM slider.

Back