08+ Tail Removal How to

And do NOT forget to re-install the cable for the lock. I should have put that in the removal steps.

Thanks James for taking my phone call yesterday. Trunk Mod is done but Im not putting my tail back on for a few more days. I have a new leftside turn sinal cowling coming from Justin at Honda East and a brake light back off modular from Pashnit both should be here within a few days and I will button it all back up then.

Thanks James for taking my phone call yesterday. Trunk Mod is done but Im not putting my tail back on for a few more days. I have a new leftside turn sinal cowling coming from Justin at Honda East and a brake light back off modular from Pashnit both should be here within a few days and I will button it all back up then.

Anytime bro, glad I could help! :beerchug:

Anytime bro, glad I could help! :beerchug:

Don't you have a cruise control DIY thread to be working on James?:poke:
Sous has a really good one for vaccuum operated cruise, now we need one on digital cruise so we can see the pros and cons of each.
The Org is waiting...slacker:laugh:

Don't you have a cruise control DIY thread to be working on James?:poke:
Sous has a really good one for vaccuum operated cruise, now we need one on digital cruise so we can see the pros and cons of each.
The Org is waiting...slacker:laugh:

LOL, I just saw this. Sorry brother, we do have one in the works. Cap took all of the pics.

And do NOT forget to re-install the cable for the lock. I should have put that in the removal steps.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT. If you put the hump on without the cable hooked up to the lock....you're in for one of the most major PITAs you've ever had and I hope you have skinny arms and a high tolerance to pain.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT. If you put the hump on without the cable hooked up to the lock....you're in for one of the most major PITAs you've ever had and I hope you have skinny arms and a high tolerance to pain.

Actually, I believe you can pull the 4 push pins and plastic that is just under the front seat. Makes it easy to remove the hump if you forget.

Rear sub frame with tail section removed.
IMG_6960.jpg

Thank guys for this. I just got my new smoked led tail light in the mail. I think i have to remove the tail to install. Major help from this thread! Had to YouTube windscreen replacement. If you can't tell from my name, I'm new to bikes.

Back