Got new toys today

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
This has nothing to do with motorcycling, except that I carry one when riding.

Today I got my model 1851 Confederate Navy .44 caliber revolver. It's a single action blackpowder. No registration required in California. Shoots one heck of a ball of lead but takes quite a bit of time to reload. This is just for fun at the range.

I also picked up my new baby Glock, the 27. It's a .40 caliber and will be my daily carry weapon.
When not riding it fits perfectly in either the tactical sporran or the cargo pocket of my TactiKilt tactical kilt.

I've included a pic of the 27 with it's big brother, the Glock 35. Also a .40. As you can see I'm a big fan of the .4x family.

The 1851
44cal.jpg

The Glock 27
glock27.jpg

The Glock 27 and Glock 35 together
glock27_35.jpg

I want a G27 bad!! Just can't see getting one when I already have an XDSC and a M&P subcompact... :banghead:

Neato. Haven't shot my smoke pole in a long time.
Something very satisfying about taking a few mins to load each round.
Kinda like home cooking, it makes each Bull that much sweeter.

Tell me about Ccw in Cali? How did you obtain the ability to do that and how difficult is for the average person if your not?

nice hardware, i love those old pistols, the 27 is really neat also.

Blanca, getting a CCW in CA for the average person all depends on what county you live in.

Fortunately for me I live in Napa county. Napa is a shall-issue county and will issue to the common person. There is still a background investigation and interview but it's pretty casual. You also have to take a 6-hr course and qualify with your weapon. Once you have it it's valid anywhere in CA.

If you live in SF, LA, or San Diego, forget about it. They are no-issue counties. Happily I can carry there with my permit so I do every time I go.

As soon as I pick up the Glock 22 I'll have the whole Glock .40 family. I already have the 23, 35 and now 27. CA only lets us buy one handgun every 30 days so the wait is on before I can buy the 22. Thanks Nanny State. I feel much safer knowing I can't buy another handgun for a month. :guns:

Neato. Haven't shot my smoke pole in a long time.
Something very satisfying about taking a few mins to load each round.
Kinda like home cooking, it makes each Bull that much sweeter.

Tell me about Ccw in Cali? How did you obtain the ability to do that and how difficult is for the average person if your not?

Kind of like paying $4 a round for 50 cal...just makes each shot a little sweeter! :laugh:

Back