what seat do people use?

yzguyfl

Registered
I just went to the track for the first time, and man it really throws you back in the stock seat. Do most people cut down a stock seat and recover? or go with an aftermarket seat for the track? (if so which one, and how do you like it?)

I tried a aftermarket drag seat and I personally didnt care for it..for me it was very uncomfortable...made it hard for me to get my feet up on the pegs... I have long legs.

So I cut my stock seat down and recovered it. Gave me the room I needed to get my feet up,was comfortable,lowered me down and held me in place.

yeah, but if I'm on the tank, there is a good 2-3" between me and the hump. If I slide that far back, I feel like I'm stretching out to reach the bars. Not sure I always want to run with a seat with a step in it (I don't think I always want to be so pushed forward) but think I will like one for the track. I got used to it after a few runs, but at first, it really tried to slide me back on that seat!

yeah, but if I'm on the tank, there is a good 2-3" between me and the hump. If I slide that far back, I feel like I'm stretching out to reach the bars. Not sure I always want to run with a seat with a step in it (I don't think I always want to be so pushed forward) but think I will like one for the track. I got used to it after a few runs, but at first, it really tried to slide me back on that seat!

You definitely gotta use what works good for you.....

cut the stock seat like you want it and have it recovered or some shops stock a cut seat and you send them yours as a core. i dont like to ride anyones busa down the track without my seat especially a stock wheelbase

bubbas busa  jyd.jpg

I used to use a Tobin/New Image seat, but I finally took a stock seat, stripped it, and put 1/4" foam on it and recovered it. I loved that seat! But I am a bigger guy, and do not really need the step.

You can use the stocker if you roll up a towel and tape it to the hump. That will help keep you from sliding back.

I run no seat at all, sits me further down than anything.

Plus, if I run a 60' slower than 1.8 the battery shocks me as punishment :rofl:

How tall are you?? I am 6'3, and fat, lol. I have trouble getting my feet back onto the stock pegs with the stripped seat I mentioned earlier. I found that having my feet in front of the pegs when launching helps.

I dished out the center of the stock seat, and stopping 1/2 inch before coming to the sides. Thus, leaving the sides alone. The stock cover fits great like nothing had been done. That gives me is more softer feel taking the "bench seat" feel out of it, taking the pressure off my tailbone. It made a BIG difference. the center of the "dishing" is only a 1/2 inch deep, then I bowled outward just before the sides. I used a 3 inch sanding disk which goes on my cordless drill, it eats into the foam easly and gives a smooth bowl finish. .......the sanding disk is obtained from Harbor Freight.
its one of the better mods Ive done to date.:cheerleader:

Back