Added some LED Driving light to the Gen2

jphilipson

Registered
Just wanted to share my light install in case anyone else is interested in adding some massive light output to their bikes.

I used the following lights - Quad CREE XML T6 - 3000Lm:

Quad CREE XML T6 3000Lm 12V 30Watt LED Auxiliary Light, 24x7 Diy

With the following controller (wiring diagram on page as well):

Waterproof Wireless LED Dimmer with High Beam Bypass

I mounted the lights up on my mirrors, but you can put them anywhere you want.

Lights:

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

Wiring runs under the top plastic on the dash - not pretty, but can't be seen unless you're on your knees :laugh::

IMG_0650.JPG

For wiring I used a fused harness off the battery, connected to a relay mounted under the tank/front seat. Then ran the power from the relay up to the front of the bike near the fuse box.

Power wire:

IMG_0637.JPG

In the picture below is the wiring. The blue lead is the trigger wire for the relay tapped into the low beams. The purple wire is the full power trigger for the LED controller tapped into the high beams.

Wiring:

IMG_0647.JPG

The controller allows the LEDs to be infinitely dim-able via the remote key fob, and jump to full power when you switch on the high beams.The other two sets of connections are the power from the battery/relay to the controller, and the output of the controller to the lights. As the wiring sizes were mismatched, I used Posi-Twist connectors. Pic is before I tied everything down and cleaned it up.

I did not use a separate switch as the controller has a remote control which suits my needs to turn them on off or dim them.

Got out to test ride at night with these on some dark roads and they are simply amazing. They put out more usable light than the HID high beam and low combined - and the light is pure white and brings out the detail. I was running them with the lows at about 30% and did not seem to piss off any cagers - switch on the high beams and they jump to full power (much quicker than the HID's, which is nice).

Here are a few crappy pics I took the other night to show how they compared to the low and high beam (35w HID) - the quality is not great, and the bike is on the side stand.

high/low:

IMG_0634.JPG

high/low and 2x 3000Lm LEDs:

IMG_0635.JPG

They camera shots did not do very well at capturing light, but you can see by comparison how much brighter they are. The fence and tree in the distance are a football field away.

Also, power wise they work well with the limited output of the Busa (400 watts at 5k). I was running heated gear tonight with the HID high/low and LEDs on, and the voltage stayed around 14volt. Did not drop below 13.5 at any time. So they draw an amazingly little amount of current for the output they have.

sorry that my first post is a complain, but i dont want to let this guy do what ever he wants with unprotected buyers!
I will Leave the following message in every link that has a review for this seller 24x7 DIY in all over the internet!!
...for all of those i am telling i have fotos,video, invoice and receipt!

I bought a 4 LED 1800Lm Auxiliary Driving Light Pair from a guy in india,
a seller named 24x7 DIY. I bought his cree led lights directly from his link
4 LED 1800Lm Auxiliary Driving Light Pair, 24x7 DIY!
I paid with paypal and after 10-15 days i had them connected on my motorbike!
After 3 days the lights BURNED and this devious guy blamed me until i showed him
a video of my connections with measurements by a voltometer as he told me, then he asked me
to send him back the item cause everything seemed to be ok with my connection,
giving me the impression that he will take the blame, something that never happened!
This guy now has taken my money 139$ the light pair and I HAVE NOTHING, only an invoice
of paypal payment and a receipt from the postal office of the shipping back to India!
I fell helpless because the dispute that i did to paypal had no effect, they told me
they will refund me but when i send them the track number they asked me, i get a respone
"the track number is invalid" the case is closed and they let me unprotected!
I feel like someone stole my money and someone who promised me secure transaction let me unprotected!

24x7 DIY is not a seller you can trust!!

Man that sucks thanks for the heads up geo.

sorry that my first post is a complain, but i dont want to let this guy do what ever he wants with unprotected buyers!
I will Leave the following message in every link that has a review for this seller 24x7 DIY in all over the internet!!
...for all of those i am telling i have fotos,video, invoice and receipt!

I bought a 4 LED 1800Lm Auxiliary Driving Light Pair from a guy in india,
a seller named 24x7 DIY. I bought his cree led lights directly from his link
4 LED 1800Lm Auxiliary Driving Light Pair, 24x7 DIY!
I paid with paypal and after 10-15 days i had them connected on my motorbike!
After 3 days the lights BURNED and this devious guy blamed me until i showed him
a video of my connections with measurements by a voltometer as he told me, then he asked me
to send him back the item cause everything seemed to be ok with my connection,
giving me the impression that he will take the blame, something that never happened!
This guy now has taken my money 139$ the light pair and I HAVE NOTHING, only an invoice
of paypal payment and a receipt from the postal office of the shipping back to India!
I fell helpless because the dispute that i did to paypal had no effect, they told me
they will refund me but when i send them the track number they asked me, i get a respone
"the track number is invalid" the case is closed and they let me unprotected!
I feel like someone stole my money and someone who promised me secure transaction let me unprotected!

24x7 DIY is not a seller you can trust!!

Here is the receipt of shipping back the lights to india
http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/9333/receiptpaint.jpg

Here is the video i send him to see my connections
Demo led - YouTube

here is the paypal invoice
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Here are other guys in other forums that had the same problem with me
The links:
LED Driving Light Install (from ADVrider) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=142023&st=20
How to fix your LED driving lights - ADVrider
F800ST fog light problem - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

And here is this seller on ebay start loosing his feedback!..98,8%!
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Demo led - YouTube

The links:

here is me "4kings" to the suzuki vstrom hellas forum Link no longer works talking with the seller

Demo led - YouTube

The links:

here is me "4kings" to the suzuki vstrom hellas forum Link no longer works talking with the seller

as i said before paypal closed my case with the excuse that "the track number is invalid"
so i came in touch with my post office and i got this response

"In reply to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that, according to our Tracking System and the International Postal System, the item in question was forwarded to its destination country in dispatch 3044 GRATHA - INBOMA A on 23/03/2012 and according to updated entries by the foreign Postal Administration, in the International Postal System, the item in question was dully delivered to its rightful owner on 29/03/2012.

For further information, regarding the handling of the item by the foreign Post Service and its delivery, the sender must fill an Inquiry Form CN08 in any Post Office within a period of six months since the day that, the Item was posted."

now i have to fill this inquiry (first thing tommorow) and get all the results of the delivery, then new evidence will be sent to paypal!

even i take my money back or not this kind of deceit shouldn't be allowed so as a human being with honor i will try to stop it for the good of our motorcycle communities

I think eventually guys with the same problem we will finally gather and all together give an end to this deceit!

we shouldn't let people make deceits and make fortunes this way!

check this F800ST fog light problem - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Μy case closed in a positive way so this will be my last post concerning this fraud seller 24x7 diy.
Eventually after all i've been through trying to prove the obvious paypal's research team did their work and made a full refund to my account!

I hope this will be a lesson for all of us having this kind of problems with bad sellers, persistence, patience and public complaint is our weapon!

In my country we say "The insistent beats"

..good faith to you all!

I'm happy that you got your case resolved :thumbsup:

I am very happy too:super:

I thank you all guys in this motorcycle community for keeping in public the truth!
...public complaint with FACTS is our weapon!

one of the things in life we like most is riding and we riders must be united:thumbsup:

Back