Help with Track Bike!

motochris

The artist formerly known as Chris75181
Registered
Seriously looking now for a track bike. Would like any and all insight on best bike to pick. Love my Busa at the track but this addiction is craving lighter and agile. My budget is looking between 2003-2007. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS????:rolleyes:

Ohh I am sure there will be many chime in here! We have many weekend warrior track stars here that are always correct and pass judgement even on things that have never seen or people they met

Ohh I am sure there will be many chime in here! We have many weekend warrior track stars here that are always correct and pass judgement even on things that have never seen or people they met

lol..free entertainment! :D

Just wait I am sure they are out measuring the temps on there tire warmers and busy criticizing others on how they dont know how to ride, We have some real pro track racers here.

years 2003-2007 budget under $5500. any thoughts? I know a lot if orgsters ride gixxers. jyst curious what everyone thinks.

The "King of the Streets" speaks words of wisdom, eh? :laugh:

Suzuki GSXR1000 or Yamaha R1.

Unless you prefer 600cc class, then CBR600RR or R6.

Remember to save some cash to race prep the bike.

Seriously looking now for a track bike. Would like any and all insight on best bike to pick. Love my Busa at the track but this addiction is craving lighter and agile. My budget is looking between 2003-2007. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS????:rolleyes:

You are in Cow Country (Texas) right?

Go to your Texas Motorcycle Road Racing site and have a peek at their classified's. I just looked at their classifieds "http://www.cmraracing.com/mboard.html" and there are lots of track ready bikes there for sale. This is a great source for used track/race bikes and if you shop you can get some great deals.

Good Luck on your new adventure. If you are relatively new to the track you'll learn more about going fast on a 600 than you will on a big bike. With a liter bike you can cover up many of your mistakes that will shine like a glow worm on a 600. For this reason the 600 is a good choice. In order to improve on your weak points you must first identify them! :beerchug:

Good Luck on your new adventure. If you are relatively new to the track you'll learn more about going fast on a 600 than you will on a big bike. With a liter bike you can cover up many of your mistakes that will shine like a glow worm on a 600. For this reason the 600 is a good choice. In order to improve on your weak points you must first identify them! :beerchug:

Good Advice. 600cc bikes are a loads of fun. Don't be misled in to thinking they are slow because they are down 40-50hp vs a liter bike, they are still very fast motorcycles. I'm hoping to really get into riding mine next season.

Some good advice, but let me offer some from the dark side (I ride a liter bike at the track). I too started at the track on my Busa. They are a celebrity at most track events because, well they are a Busa! They go fast, but don't stop or turn as well as the lighter bikes. A 600 can haul around the track for sure, but needs to be spanked to make it go. A liter bike can haul around the track as well, but will more closely "feel" like your Busa when it comes to power and the power band.

My 2 cents.

You are in Cow Country (Texas) right?

Go to your Texas Motorcycle Road Racing site and have a peek at their classified's. I just looked at their classifieds "http://www.cmraracing.com/mboard.html" and there are lots of track ready bikes there for sale. This is a great source for used track/race bikes and if you shop you can get some great deals.

I went with the GXSR750. All the handling of the 600 with a bit more HP. 2006 and newer is better for the GSXR750s. The down side is they are harder to find and run a few more $$$. If you are going track only, you might be able to pick up a salvage title bike on the cheap.

I wanted a literbike because I wanted something more closely resembling the performance of my Busa. You ride a literbike on the track differently than a 600; the 600 you MUST keep corner speed and a literbike you can 'point and shoot' a lot like a busa. The proper line is even a little different in order to get the best out of both bikes.

Having said that, I get passed all the time by the really good riders on 600s, and I suspect that a better means of progression for roadracing skills would be on a 600 rather than a literbike. Regardless of what bike you ride, a day on the racetrack is worth a year of riding on the street and is very addictive, not to mention a humbling experience when you are riding just as hard as you think you can, and someone passes you effortlessly...

Don't knock it til you try it....

Naaah just :poke: @ Tuf a lil.. :laugh: I know who my friends are. Remember its better to have a few great true friends then a bunch of untrustworthy individuals.

Back