For the moderators. Please remove "Random Thoughts" from the new posts search button

E Zurcher

Registered
I come to this board to read about Hayabusa motorcycles. Unfortunately the New Posts search also pulls up new posts from the Random Thoughts section. Because of this I get to wade through posts about homosexual marriage, sin, and other non-motorcycle related stuff. I have a simple suggestion to fix this for those who are here to read about motorcycles and not to push their political agendas, sexual preferences, religious beliefs and whatever else that is not motorcycle related.

Add a tab that says New Posts Other.
Decouple Random Thoughts from the new posts and assign it to New Posts Other.

That way others can have the convenience of filtering new posts about motorcycle stuff without all that other crap and those who are here for other reasons can stay in that realm.

After 28 years in the Air Force I firmly believe in the following statement " I may not agree with what you have to say....but I will defend with my life your right to say it!.....but I don't have to listen to it if I don't want to.

Thanks!

Re: For the moderators. Please remove "Random Thoughts" from the new posts search bu

^^ what he said. No one is forcing you to open the topics you do not wish to read. We are adults who LOVE Busa's but also injoy a good debate on current events. Thank you for your service!

Re: For the moderators. Please remove "Random Thoughts" from the new posts search bu

I like seeing all the new posts available to view in one place without having to look through different forums. If I want something specific then I go to the issue specific forum.

I can go to each individual topic. And usually do. The suggestion was to make new posts searching a little easier for those who are more motorcycle oriented and for those who want to talk about other things. Works both ways. And you're welcome for the service. It was my pleasure!

I can go to each individual topic. And usually do. The suggestion was to make new posts searching a little easier for those who are more motorcycle oriented and for those who want to talk about other things. Works both ways. And you're welcome for the service. It was my pleasure!

From a work/time perspective, it's easier to push filtering down to the end-user with a specific desire such as yours. It would take less time and effort for you to avoid clicking the links than it would for an administrator to create custom logic to do that filtering for you in the basic search field. This is a great resource used by a great number of people, and people like to chit-chat.

You could perform an advanced search and do a multiple forum selection in the Search in Forum(s) box by CTRL+Left Clicking each topic you want to include in your search. The logic is already in place to achieve what you are trying to accomplish, but it takes a little extra work on your part.

Hope this helps.

I come to this board to read about Hayabusa motorcycles. ......

After 28 years in the Air Force I firmly believe in the following statement " I may not agree with what you have to say....but I will defend with my life your right to say it!.....but I don't have to listen to it if I don't want to.

Thanks!

First off thank you for your service. Second yes this is a Hayabusa forum, but more importantly we have become family here, not just some internet forum with no feelings or love behind the screen. The family here has a great wealth of knowledge and love of things other than just the Haybusa and we enjoy sharing that. This family like any family has become a place to seek council on a great number of things and a place to share triumph and tragedy with family.

I am sorry you feel that this place should be only Hayabusa related and nothing but. In my eyes that is not what a family is.

I thank you for voicing your concerns and respect your feelings as I think you also respect mine and those who share the same feelings as I do. I am sure you are not the only person who has the same feelings as you do here.

Again thank you for your service. It is because of people like us (you, I and others who have served) that we can have a different view, voice that view and still get along at the end of the day without fear for our lives from the powers that be.

I come to this board to read about Hayabusa motorcycles. Unfortunately the New Posts search also pulls up new posts from the Random Thoughts section. Because of this I get to wade through posts about homosexual marriage, sin, and other non-motorcycle related stuff. I have a simple suggestion to fix this for those who are here to read about motorcycles and not to push their political agendas, sexual preferences, religious beliefs and whatever else that is not motorcycle related.

Add a tab that says New Posts Other.
Decouple Random Thoughts from the new posts and assign it to New Posts Other.

That way others can have the convenience of filtering new posts about motorcycle stuff without all that other crap and those who are here for other reasons can stay in that realm.

Thanks!

I too am USAF, in almost 17 years now. We may have crossed paths at one point or another.

The simple answer to your problem with the forum is to simply not select the threads you do not care to read. This minimizes the work the moderators would have to put in to changing the forum for all members based on one persons opinion. It would also make it easy for you as you could simply skim past the "random thoughts" threads that come up. Or, you could go to the specific forum you are interested in and leave the "new post" button alone altogether.

The choice is yours, but many of us enjoy the fact that the random thoughts threads pop up with the new post search.

Good to see you posting in the "Random Thoughts" section of the board. :laugh:

:duh: oh boy. You do know that new posts are only new posts since you've logged on last correct? Each issue specific forum has their posts ordered from the latest posts. People tend to talk about everything on here and if you don't like it, I am sure I have a straw for you.....

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

its pretty common for a forum to have a filter that allows people to only see certain sections and avoid others. I dont see that type of filter here but like stated above look to the right and if it says random thoughts or something else ur not interested in reading then dont click on it. pretty simple fix.

:duh: oh boy. You do know that new posts are only new posts since you've logged on last correct? Each issue specific forum has their posts ordered from the latest posts. People tend to talk about everything on here and if you don't like it, I am sure I have a straw for you.....

Come on now Russel, that was not nice!:laugh::poke:

Well ok for you it was.:rofl:

That was very sweet. Guess I'll just be the grumpy old uncle in the corner at the family reunion. I'm out!

That was very sweet. Guess I'll just be the grumpy old uncle in the corner at the family reunion.

I feel your pain my brother in arms. I also dislike some of the threads I see (Harley Bashing......) but because we have served so others can voice there thoughts I just skipp over those threads.

Have a great day, be safe and look forward to seeing you around here grumpy old uncle or not.:beerchug:

I feel your pain my brother in arms. I also dislike some of the threads I see (Harley Bashing......) but because we have served so others can voice there thoughts I just skipp over those threads.

Have a great day, be safe and look forward to seeing you around here grumpy old uncle or not.:beerchug:

I'll just bite my tongue on that one..

:laugh:

Random thoughts RULES!!!!!!!!!! :poke:

ummmm yeah just like everyone said.....hmmmm oh i know why i am posting.....to get my post count up:thumbsup:

I'll just bite my tongue on that one..

:laugh:

Random thoughts RULES!!!!!!!!!! :poke:

Sorry for the threadjack but Bots I hope you get run over by a deer riding a Harley this weekend.:poke::laugh:

Sorry for the threadjack but Bots I hope you get run over by a deer riding a Harley this weekend.:poke::laugh:

I'd hate that. Getting all that spilled oil all over me.. :banghead:

:rofl:

Easy Marine, Air Force guys have feelings two. He's not making fun of your pink camo drapes is he?

And here's a random thought for you.......crap what was I gonna say :banghead:

Thanks for your service.

Back