First Bike...Favorite Bike....Who's got the stones to show 'em ?

first motorized thing on two wheels was some old yamaha moped that i got for free. Someone left it in my garage and i didnt know anything about it. It ended up getting stolen and i just felt like i had passed along my free find to someone else. Had a flat head screwdriver for a key and no muffler.

Second bike was an 82' Yamaha seca 4000 that i got for $150, with a full tank of gas. That was the negotiation. It was a great bike for the money and was a lot of fun. Plenty of power to get me in trouble for a dumb college kid. Sold the Seca to a friend for the same price, hoping he'd use it as a learner and keep it within the circle, well the little **** ended up selling it somene for 850 bucks and bragged that i got gyped etc.

ended up buying an 07 zzr600, great bike. put 16000 miles on it in 5 months till a truck pulled out in front of me. Took the money from the insurance company, cleaned out my saving and went and bought an 08 orange/black.

Laylas_Mom whatever possessed you to hop on a Busa for your first ride ?
Are you a Daredevil ?
Are you just used to the best, or did you just not want to deal with all the tradin' thru the yrs...:thumbsup:...and figured you would just need one ?

my general rule in life is "Go big or Go home" so I was just following my rule...lol.

Bike number 2 for me. I actually kind of miss it. I'd probably try and buy it back if I knew where it was and had the money.

PICT0285.jpg

PICT0284.jpg

CaBusaGirl my comment about yr and make was to her.:thumbsup:

The comment regarding pics was to all others, just trying to get them to dig them out is all. Y'all got 'em , don't be embarrassed. C'mon let's see some more 70's haircuts and dual outboard shocks:rofl::rofl:

CaBusaGirl my comment about yr and make was to her.:thumbsup:

The comment regarding pics was to all others, just trying to get them to dig them out is all. Y'all got 'em , don't be embarrassed. C'mon let's see some more 70's haircuts and dual outboard shocks:rofl::rofl:

this could be a problem...Im pretty sure I didnt get my first haircut until The early 80's....:rofl:

My second bike and most favorite that i had XR75, you could not tear it up.

scan0015.jpg

My first was a 1979 H-D FXE, and I don't have any surviving pics of it. My second was a shiny new 1984 1/2 H-D XLX-61. I was seriously considering a 1984 XR-1000, but couldn't raise the extra $$. All in all, that XLX made me one seriously happy camper for many, many years.

Bike photos_0003.jpg

Macon454 I see I am not the only one to have had a yeller lid:poke:

It was cool back then wasnt it :laugh: I think it even came from Wal-Mart, Back in the day it seemed like the coolest:laugh:

I dont had a picture of my first bike but I do have a picture of my first sport bike. And my favorite of course is my busa.

katana 002.jpg

here it is 04 600 kat and I know its the best looking bike but a great starter bike.

dont knock the kan o tuna. I had an 06 and loved it! In the 6 months I had it I got exhaust, jet kit, timing advance, stripped all the stock decals and put my oen on there, 750 gauges, speedohealer,lol. I spent so much money on that bike in only 6 months.....wish I woulda just put it toward paying it off instead.:lol:

Also a dirt bike with my older brother, honda interceptor, suzuki gsxr600, 06 busa, now my true love 08 busa. O and I used to ride passenger on older brothers 77-93 harley's. To afraid to drop them. In our area that was an ass beatin...:rofl::whistle:

3whl1.jpg

3whl.JPG

Keep 'em coming.
S-R Racing you are a tru moto-addict.........:laugh:nice collection thru the yrs !

dizzamn! S-R Racing, I must admit that I am very impressed!
Thank you both!!
As17 year old with a new FJ1200 left a lasting impression on me that no drink or drug equaled, though the years nothing has given me as much pleasure or enjoyment as my bikes except for my family. I was lucky enough to be at the right age when sportbikes where making huge changes and got to sample the new hardware. The '87 GSXR 1100 wasjust amazing for its time,the first radial tires & full body work along with being super lightweight and could cruise at around 140 with no effort. I didnt realize this until several months later but my only 2 new bikes,the '86 FJ1200 & the '06 Hayabusa I have now were bought 20years to the day apart ???

Back