Bubba and "Dot" down on CA-18 (Updated: Pix of Dot)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, all...

I got a call about 30 minutes ago from Bubba letting me know that he had low-sided on CA-18 about 30 minutes before that.

He's okay. He was fully geared. A couple of 'raspberrys' from inside the gear, but otherwise, he's mechanically 'sound'.

As for "Dot," well, Bubba says she took a beating. He has some pix, but there's currently no way to share them. I'm sure he'll post them when he gets a chance.

Yes, his new helmet is wrecked. It did it's job and for this we all have to be thankful; fresh custom paint or not.

He describes the low-side as the whole bike sliding out from under him in a tight 360-ish-degree turn...both he and the bike slid into the curb...Dot hit the curb, jumped up, then came down on the saddle. He says she's pretty beat.

He told me he's going to be off-the-comms-grid for some time, when he asked me to post about his get-off, so...I offered to be his conduit, and he agreed that was a good idea.

On that, he requests that any private messages you have for him be sent to me by e-mail or PM (please don't send PMs to his message box on the .oRg as they won't be viewed for quite some time). If you want to get him a message, please pass it through me.

He's pretty shook up, disappointed, and disheartened, as you can imagine...so please send your prayers, good energy, and what-not to him for a quick dust-off and re-mount.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
re: Bubba and "Dot" down on CA-18 (Updated: Pix of Dot)

Thanks for sharing. Glad he's okay. Hope he can get back in the saddle again soon!

sorry to hear about the get-off but am glad he is still with us!

glad he is ok, wish him the best and speedy recovery.

Glad he is Okay.... Yeah gear!

Thanks for sharing. Glad Bubba's okay.

wow! i know how it feels to fud up fresh new paint...glad he is ok...am puzzled that he wont be on the org...I promiss i wont rib him at all...:laugh:
not even a cartoon or one of these either:moon:
tell him i hop ehe feels better soon...i have some small items if i knew what he needed i could help him out a bit

Glad he's okay! Wish Dot a quick rebuild.

wow! i know how it feels to fud up fresh new paint...glad he is ok...am puzzled that he wont be on the org...I promiss i wont rib him at all...:laugh:
not even a cartoon or one of these either:moon:
tell him i hop ehe feels better soon...i have some small items if i knew what he needed i could help him out a bit

He's having his computer system rebuilt...which will dramatically impede his exposure to the 'net. That's all.

Sorry to hear...get better soon.

I have e-mailed you, Scar. I went out today and did some upper speed runs to test tire heat. The tires really never got warm. I will go out tomorrow and take my IR scanner to actually measure the temps. The roads are cool and the tires are not heating up, not a good combo for making them stick.

I am glad to hear Bubba is ok. We were out riding Idyllwild and having a good time. We headed up towards SB mountains, he went up the CA-18 I went on to the CA-330. I am saddened to hear of his off. I am glad he is ok. Bubba is a super good person, you could not ask for a better person to be around or ride with! Positive energy sent for a speedy recovery.:thumbsup:ATGATT!!!:rulez:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both Bubba and "Dot".

I have e-mailed you, Scar. I went out today and did some upper speed runs to test tire heat. The tires really never got warm. I will go out tomorrow and take my IR scanner to actually measure the temps. The roads are cool and the tires are not heating up, not a good combo for making them stick.

Got the note, Ron. Thanks.

I am glad to hear Bubba is ok. We were out riding Idyllwild and having a good time. We headed up towards SB mountains, he went up the CA-18 I went on to the CA-330. I am saddened to hear of his off. I am glad he is ok. Bubba is a super good person, you could not ask for a better person to be around or ride with! Positive energy sent for a speedy recovery.:thumbsup:ATGATT!!!:rulez:

Thanks for the additional information, Ken; good talking to you today, as well.

Wow! Glad he is Ok!!! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

man this sux to read :( Tell him we are all sending him our best and cant wait for him to get back going. post up what he needs, we can probably get things sorted out pretty quickly with the group here :beerchug:

what kinda helmet was it?

Sorry to here this. I wish him and Dot the best and a speedy recovery. If its anything i can do please let me know.

Back