More drama with my bike accident!!

Yes she pulled out from a side road with a stop sign.
I was doing the speed limit and as soon as i switched lanes she was there and there was nothing i could do
There were no weather, traffic, reduction of speed and no obstruction of her veiw

There it is. You just told me the cause of the accident. You weren't scanning for other drivers. Done and done. Now I recommend you go practice emergency braking/swerving in a parking lot until you think you can handle the bike you're riding.

Well its funny if i was speeding how come the car in the right lane stayed right beside me until i hit her car but yet they stopped at the right spot as to when i slid into their lane they didnt run me over If your such a perfect rider and smart man figure that one out. and also the other witness that i found will even tell you i was not speeding

I lowsided on the highway doing about 35 in rush hour traffic when someone pulled into my lane about 10 feet in front of me from a dead stop. I left at least 79 feet of "skid mark", liquids and debris.

I mean without braking, that's only 2 feet per mph being bled off as the plastic and metal slide across the pavement. Now, if it's rubber "skid mark" due to braking, I agree that's amazingly long for that speed.

that is not a "skid mark"

a skid mark is left by your tires and the cops have calculations of how fast you were going....

they can't tell how far your bike slid in the road without aq witness or marks...but even then they are guessing at speed.

Well its funny if i was speeding how come the car in the right lane stayed right beside me until i hit her car but yet they stopped at the right spot as to when i slid into their lane they didnt run me over If your such a perfect rider and smart man figure that one out. and also the other witness that i found will even tell you i was not speeding

okay...under your logic... you had control of your vehicle...the car beside of you had the same speed...

car is heavier and takes longer to stop....

did he also hit the car?

did he lay his vehicle down to get stopped?

There is now way if you were in your lane on a 2 lane road with a car beside you....if you hit the car in the rear quarter...then the rear of the car was in the right lane.

why didn't the car beside you hit the car also?

I always scan when i ride Laying down the bike was the only option i had besides hitting her upright. There was a car on my right and traffic in the oncoming lanes so what was i supposed to do. If it felt it was my fault i would have admitted to it but it wasnt.

if you argued this to me and I was the cop, I would've fined you so you can fight it and have the judge tell you how science works...or maybe just yell at you.

I always scan when i ride Laying down the bike was the only option i had besides hitting her upright. There was a car on my right and traffic in the oncoming lanes so what was i supposed to do. If it felt it was my fault i would have admitted to it but it wasnt.

your are at fault man.

be glad you didn't get fined.

His story=crap

Real story=You weren't looking where you were going under your own admission. Car pulled out. When you finally see them, you panicked, locked up your brakes cause of your mad skillz and lowsided.

I've heard the "I laid it down to save it" so many times from new riders. Laying it down doesn't save anything, it just ensures that you're going to crash. It's like when someone says they ran straight off into a ditch because they wanted to scrub off speed before they crashed. Another new rider mistake. Lean and believe.

So all in all, I think you weren't looking, panicked, crashed. Keep your eyes on the road/other drivers, watch their tires and their faces, if they look like they're not paying attention, slow down even more. Watch watch watch!! It'll save you tons of money. Also, knowing the limits of your brakes and how to swerve at slow speeds will save you a lot of pain and scratched up fairings.

I understand what your saying but regardless if she would have waited to turn out when there was no traffic, ths would not have happened. She even admitted in her report that she seen the car infront of me and took the chance on making the turn. Well she made it past that car but she didnt expect me to be there

Interesting thought...

I left 80+ feet of debris and liquids because I was braking and moved laterally to avoid being run over. My front wheel was caught in a rut in the road that at least as deep as the rubber on the tire and about two inches wider. This rut was due to construction preparation and was disguised as it was just on the other side of the yellow line and right on the boundary of where the shadow from the center divider (cement wall) was being cast at the time. I was avoiding her, braking, and didn't have time to analyze what my eyes might be seeing. Instinct was brake and take the shoulder. I made no contact with her. The officer who wrote up the report argued with me that it had nothing to do with the rut on the shoulder because I would have never been in that rut if she hadn't pulled out in front of me. After some discussion he wrote it up as a no-contact accident and found her at fault. I got an attorney because her insurance was playing games and my bike was 100% before I was.

Having said all of that... if your bike impacted the car hard enough to do axle damage after travelling 70-80 feet you had to be going more than 35mph. If you were doing 35mph you would have had 70-80 feet to have stopped which is plenty of distance to get stopped at that speed. If I'm not understanding the situation correctly, set me straight.

Either way, if you think you weren't at fault, get an attorney and get it worked out. The attorney will tell you where you stand in terms of "fault" based on whether he/she takes the case and what the terms of your financial obligation to them is going to be.

if you argued this to me and I was the cop, I would've fined you so you can fight it and have the judge tell you how science works...or maybe just yell at you.

Yell @ him? Why not yell 2 THE AUTO THAT CAUSED IT?35MPH +they said unsafe speed?Thats crazy why do they always railroad the bike?:huh2:

I understand what your saying but regardless if she would have waited to turn out when there was no traffic, ths would not have happened. She even admitted in her report that she seen the car infront of me and took the chance on making the turn. Well she made it past that car but she didnt expect me to be there

Going only 35mph, you should have been able to stop in time. That's all there is to it. I don't know what more I can say to convince you of this.

Oh well **** happens. nothing can be done now. I'm just not as badass of a rider as the mighty ZXWUT

then get a lawyer and see what he can do.
I personally think you will lose regardless and it is a waste of cash...but if you are staying with your guns...go for it.

and no collision claims like they are pushing you towards are not always your fault.
I had my truck hit in a parking lot once...it was parked. The guy's insurance company wanted to play games and I needed a truck. My insurance told me I could file under collision and they would eventually get their money from his insurance company...but in reality...it wouldn't mattered. My claim is what affects my insurance....not what they recoup elsewhere. My would have suffered higher premiums and headaches.

So I suffered through it...climbed through the red tape and dealt with the insurance commisioner. It took 3 months but my insurance company was not involved or incurred any cost.

Yell @ him? Why not yell 2 THE AUTO THAT CAUSED IT?35MPH +they said unsafe speed?Thats crazy why do they always railroad the bike?:huh2:

Because if he had been in a car doing 35mph, what he did would have been the same as opening the car door and jumping out of his still moving vehicle.

He hit pavement doing 25-35mph (if that's how fast he was going) versus braking and possibly (though I doubt it at this point) hitting her at 5-10mph. Everyone would have been better off if he had just squeezed the brakes, closed his eyes, and prayed (and that's still not proper braking but it would have been better).

Last edited:
Oh well **** happens. nothing can be done now. I'm just not as badass of a rider as the mighty ZXWUT

Apparently you're not :thumbsup: I avoid accidents nearly everyday with these WA drivers with their phones glued to their head swerving around the highway with no turn signals whilst slapping their child in the backseat and playing with the radio with their toes with a big mac in their mouth. I never feel the need to hop onto a forum to ***** about how my skills weren't up to par to avoid an accident or how I *almost* got hit by so and so doing x and y. It's just the name of the game if you're on 2 wheels. Get used to it. Build your skills. Assume that everything with 4 wheels is trying to run you over. Go to a parking lot and practice practice practice!! It'll save you lots of pain, headaches, and money.

he is pretty much entirely right....

try to be safer

enough guys die or are crippled every year...

don't be a statistic.

I agree. Use this as a learning experience. In the grand scheme of things this isn't going to cost you much but the lesson is invaluable.

Back