Engine Rebuild

WhiteBusa24

Registered
Hey Guys,

I have a '02 LE with 32,870 on the clock. My buddy that I got it from didnt really take care of it. He did the oil changes in it, and replaced the clutch but that's about it I believe. 2nd gear pops @ 4k also. So...when I fix the tranny I figure I could give the engine a little cleaning and overhaul. What do I need to do. I do not need a 1397, stock is good for me. Just want everything to be clean and new. So...what would I need to buy to get back to like new shape?

Thanks
Ram

Here is a night pic

103249150.AFKdxuHP.hayabusa.jpg

You might think high compression pistons, and new cams. Suppose to deliver close to 200 ponies with the stock look.

since you're looking to stay at a stock level and are really focused on reliability/durability I would just make sure the cylinder walls look good, pistons crowns, cams, buckets, springs. Since you're going to split the case to get to the trans you may consider checking the bearings and replacing them while your that deep into the engine. Check all the journels as well. If everything checks out then all you'll need, aside from the trans work, is new bearings, piston rings.

Here's my standard answer to "how much:..., "it depends". :laugh:

Bearings aren't cheap, rings aren't so bad. Check to see the condition of everything first. If you need cams and vlalve springs it may be worth sending your head to someone to be refreshed all in all.
If your cylnder walls look like crap then it might make sense to have it bored and that may mean bigger pistons and rings.

Back