PC3 FOR 08 BUSA

scoot

Registered
I AM NOT SURE IF I NEED THE PC3 ON MY NEW BIKE OR NOT? INSTALLED YOSH FULL SYSTEM TRI OVAL... SOME SAY I NEED IT , OTHERS SAY I DONT...WHAT ARE MY GAINS AND LOSSES IF I INSTALL OR DO NOT INSTALL.
AND ALSO WHERE CAN I COME UP WITH A MAP FOR THE BIKE SINCE DYNOJET DOES NOT HAVE ANY ON THERE SITE. THEY HAVE STOCK OR ZERO MAP. ANY IDEAS WILL BE HELPFUL ,THANKS IN ADVANCE.
deadhorse.gif

I am getting the same sort of conflicting info. With pipes and air cleaner. In my case the bike runs perfect. No popping on deceleration. Slight crackle at steady highway speed

You gain 2 HP with a PC III and the R77 which is the same tubing size as your system...thats it so I guess you don't "NEED IT". Most bikes before the Gen II's closed loop system, got 4-8HP from mapping...just my honest opinion.
thumb_up.gif

who knows i may have it installed and dyno tuned...i need 4-8 more ponies...
guns.gif
if you are packing firepower, you could always get more..

Hey Cheese Man, is that the results of fuel adjustments after the exhaust was installed? Or is the first pull stock, then added exhaust and PCIII? Curious?

Guys have a honest tuner do 12 pulls without the PCIII and pipe and then 12 pulls tuned. There is only at max a 2-3HP difference. The OEM 02 sensor needs to warm up properly its not a fully heated sensor like a quality dyno should have. 10 pulls each way will reveal the truth you should have almost over lapping power number and AFR ratios. I like the PCIII just not the "NEED" with the Gen II like the Gen I.

Be sure your dyno tuner has an 17 to 1 air exchange rate in the dyno room, not just circulating fumes with fans. That will cause readings to be inaccurate.
thumb_up.gif

Hey Cheese Man, is that the results of fuel adjustments after the exhaust was installed? Or is the first pull stock, then added exhaust and PCIII? Curious?
pipe was already on and no pc3
added the pc3 and custom mapped
And yes I am A REAL TUNER
rolleyes_extreme.gif

I know how to tune and been doing this for lots of years
Plus I only post truths everyone know this

Back