New Jersey Riders?

Cowboy

Registered
Hey guys- My name is mike- im from toms river NJ (next to seaside heights)

I just bought the new '04 limited 'busa

Anyone wanna ride?

GSP Scale Cowboy's about ex80 Im about ex48.
biggrin.gif

there's a great ride coming up on the 31st... Lobster Fest III / Pub199. It's an all day ride with a ton o twisties! a few pit stops for gas, etc... I went last time and it was a perfect day! We even had 5 busa's there! I wont be able to make this one but I hope to hear there were some new busa riders in teh group!

just look for a Lobster Fest post in tristatesportbikes under the memeber group rides section...

Hey im exit 82 on the parkway, how is next weekend for everyone? Hope its nice out.

Since im new at this, im kinda clueless on where to go? help me out

Still Totally Stock- with temp plates

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunatly I've gotta finish building my neighbors deck this weekend! damn rain last weekend screwed up my schedule!

saturday the 31st my bike is going into the shop for its 500 mile first checkup. So Sunday the 1st is gonna be good for me- especially after a whole day without my new baby.

Where to?

Ok here is the 411 for jersey riders.I ride with these guys from sport-touring.net.When we ride there is a good turnout every time.We got rainned out this sunday so we are riding next sunday.If you guys want in meet here.

Date:Sat 8/01/04
Time: 8am at the Shell Station (directions below)

Here are directions to the meeting spot:

Shell Station address is
1525 Rt 206
Bedminster Twp, NJ 07921

We can meet between 8:00-8:30am I would like to leave around 8:30-8:45am.

Directions:
From 287 North, exit at 22B (Rt 202/206 north) go thru one light and stay left at the split follow 206 North, at the third light after the split you will see the Shell on your left.

From 287 South exit at 22 (rt 202/206 North) follow from above.

From 78 East/West get off on 287 North and follow above.

The route will be a combination of some roads we road with ST2sam and a return trip thanks to Scotteq.

From our meeting spot in Bedminster we take RT512 (Pottersville Road) to Rt517 over Schooles Mountain then catch Rt206 in Andover.
Take Rt206 to Rt560 over Dingmans Ferry to Silver Lake Road
to the ens then make a right on PA402 then a right on Blooming Grove Road (it's right after 402 goes over I-84).
Follow that across PA739 to RT6 and catch PA590 to Lackawaxen Road  (just before it crosses to Barryville) back to PA590 to Welcome Lake Road to Plank Road which brings us back to PA590 then over the bridge to Barryville thru Hawks Nest.
Plank Road is in rough shape some potholes and loose gravel but passable.

Here is Scotteq route suggestion home:

You come back down 6, go through town etc...  But instead of continuing down 6 to 23, make the first right after going over the bridge.  There's a light at that intersection.  That is the northernmost tip of what becomes 521 when you cross back into NJ.  It's a hair rough the first mile or two, but turns into a VERY, VERY nice several miles worth of (30MPH marked) turns on smooth pavement. When you come to the intersection of 521 and 206, (You'll see the bridge on your right), make the left onto 650.  Follow that several miles out to 519 (a short distance North of Space Farms).  You could stay on 519 if you like, but you'll run into more and more cold patch the further South you go.

So:

Take 519 South (turn right), and look for 636 which takes you around Culver Lake back to 521.  If you know where the soccer field is (a couple 25 MPH turns there, parking lot and a port-a-john), it'll be a right turn not long after. It's marked by a sharpish downhill left, the right you need to take being right at the bottom of that little hill.  636 is quite nice, and the loop I just gave you takes you around that long, straight section of 521/206 (they're the same road there).  When you get back to 521/206, turn left, then look for the right turn where 521 splits back off of 206.  It'll be less than a mile, and there's a closed gas station on that corner.  This is a very nice stretch of 521, but when 521 turns left on you keep going straight.  A short distance further you will find Route 617:  It's a right turn. Follow it all the way out:  There's a T junction: Turn left onto the BEEE~YOOOO~TEE~FUL freshly paved section of LOVELY 30MPH marked turns and hills.  Stay sharp - 'Cause it tightens up considerably just before putting you back onto 521 in Stillwater at a blind~ish downhill stop.   Turn right, and follow that through town (NOT 521...).  Go past the bank, and take a break at the General Store if you like.  It's on the Right. They make good sandwiches, are Air Conditioned, and have cold drinks as a matter of course...  

The road you're on is 610.  Follow it around, generally to the right, until it takes you back to a BEAUTIFUL section of our old friend, 519.  Happily sans cold patch.  It ends in a T junction, turn left, and then make the next right and go past the Horse farm.  Follow that through the Town of Tranquility, and you will come out on 517 a little North of Route 80.  

I will be there and I hope some of you guys make it.
race.gif

<!--EDIT|jetset
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090692485 -->

Lets meet up at or around Batsto. There are sevral twisties we can hit up and not to many cars.

ok sounds good! next sunday? if thats good go ahead and make a new topic inviting everyone

<!--EDIT|Cowboy
Reason for Edit: "homoerotic thread ending cliché removed lol"|1091034302 -->

Back