Summer Riding Jacket Recommendations

OB_Richard

Registered
Kushitani full mesh jacket K2002.
Comes in red ,silver and black.
My wife's is silver, mine's black, tested in sun with thermometer, the silver's cooler.

The slightest breeze or motion makes it feel like wearing nothing. Double layers of synthetic mesh and foam armor provide better abrasion resistance than denim, but surely not as much as leather. But you won't leave this one home on 90+ days.
http://www.kushitani.com/textile.htm
Got mine from Marietta Motorsports, http://www.mariettamotorsports.com/

Richard, how much did you pay for your jacket? If you don't mind me asking. I was wondering if it was cheaper than order straight from the company.

The speeds we ride,and the abrasion resistance info I got from Vanson made me stay with leather,thick[1.5mm+]leather.
But lite colors,and mainly lots of perforations do it for me in Houston[hotter than Florida isn't it?]

I've had my 2000 Red Busa for a few weeks now and ride it back and forth to work about 45 miles each way (mostly on I-95) nearly every day.

I have a nice leather jacket that works great in the mornings when the 100 mph wind chill keeps me cool, but this Florida heat kills me in the evenings. Being on the Interstate - I REALLY like wearing a jacket and am looking to get a good summer time riding jacket that will offer some protection yet not make me sweat to death.

Any recommendations ? Sources to purchase ?

Thanks,

PS, I tried the search engine on this website but didn't find anything. Hopefully I'm not bringing up a topic covered 500 times before.

The cordura or leather Vanson Avenger with optional arm vents has got to be the coolest jacket I have ever worn! (Thanks again for the recommendation Buffalo!!!)

It is my only jacket now when the temp outside is 90+ degrees....(and it's damn humid in Delaware in August!) I wore it this week when it was 93 and humid!

Check it out http://www.vansonleathers.com/Sport Rider.htm

$250 list, got it $225.00 at Road Atlanta, since my wife, me and a riding buddy were all getting one each, and it attracted attention from the Visa card wielding crowd at their booth, all of us trying them on for size.

The best, most protective gear is from MOTOPORT. www.motoport.com

i have the long 1000 denier cordura jacket, and use it in cold {with liner} and hot weather.

also, my friend has the kevlar 2 piece, and loves it.

joe

I have an Aerostitch Damien Jacket with full armor. With the pit zips open, back zip open and the front zipper half way down it's comfortable as long as I'm moving.

I would recommend it as an all weather garmet.

I have a fully perforated Xpert leather jacket that also has four vents.

It is superb for hot weather and provides good protection.

You can't get better protection than leather. But I feel you on those hot days. Check out the Spidi Net jacket (www.spidi-it). Its got full body armor and extremely light weight. Its made of Cordura with a solid and mesh construction. It comes with a slip on vest (not a liner) that folds and fits in the inter pocket. This cuts the chill at highspeeds on cooler rides. They come in Black, Red/Silver and Blue/Silver.

When riding in the city, stops at traffic lights or highspeeds, you have constant ventilation. No need for zipper vents. The sizing runs small. If you order online without trying on, stick by the sizing chart.

[This message has been edited by BUSRYDR (edited 11 August 2000).]

Thanks for all the responses. Haven't decided which one yet but will try to get one on order next week.

Ride Safe !!!

Like Richard, got my Kushitani jacket from Marietta Motorsports. Beautiful jacket. Not going to replace leather on asphalt, but it's perfect on those hot days when you're tempted to just wear a T-shirt.
If you call Marietta, hurry, as I was told that only about 300 were imported into the U.S., and they got about 175 of those. If that's true, then you also got an exclusive piece for a year or so.

I just bought a Fieldsheer Circuit jacket. It is pretty decent on warm days. It has some good removable armor and seems to be constructed really well. They have great colors and the price is cheap. Less the 200 bucks.

Also look at Joe Rocket "Bulldog" Leather Jacket..it has perforations plus Good CE approved Armor.

I also Have a Vanson "Night Falcon" Jacket it is made in codura and I do feel a bit less protedted with it..but with the big vent flaps..it vents alot of air at Busa speeds.

Look up www.motorcycleusa.com for the bulldog

and MAWonline.com price is a bit over 400 bucks..but worth it.

The Vanson Pro Perf is the one I ride in the spring/summer/fall in fact was 104 here (DFW) yesterday and I wore it. The only time that this jacket gets hot is when you stop and the sun warms up the black leather. Yesterday I rode the Fat Boy without the Vanson before I rode the Busa with the jacket and on the highway at 60+ I felt more comfortable with the jacket. This was early in the afternoon and the temp was right at 100. I have several jackets and the Vanson as far as fit,finish,leather quality is outstanding---the only drawback is the cost but then again you get what you pay for.

BD

What about the Aerostitch Darien or Darien light? Anybody got those? My 1000 denier Motorport is wonderful cold weather, but no way at 80+.

Back