Little Info Please

OB_Jamie

Registered
Forgive my ignorance, I don't come to this site everyday.
There was a thread asking what everyone does for a living and Johnnycheese said he was a grease monkey.
Lately on this site people have been asking his "professional" motorcycle advice.
Does Johnny actually work for a cycle dealer? I know he gives vague answers which makes him seem like he does but is he an actual cycle tech? Has anyone been to his shop?

This site seems to attract a lot of posers, some pretend to be cops, some pretend they are cycle techs.

I have noticed when someone asks JC a specific tech question he doesn't answer until someone who actually knows, like motorhead, answers, and then JC just agrees with MH.

I've debated topics with JC and his answers are frequently wrong, and they are topics that anyone who calls themself a cycle mechanic should know.

Actually JC called himself, "a grease monkey." The kids at Pepboys call themselves grease monkeys too....... coincidence?

Jamie

I don't know what he does but he sure is a know-it-all
Who really knows this guy?
Poser?
If he is csn they kick him off the board like Packa?

BTW I miss Packa

NO HE'S NOT A POSER(if you think that you're clueless). He's a dealership type who has to watch what he says. And knows what he's talking about, too. If disbelieving, goto Texas and watch his *** leave you. For money.

2 posts so far, who else is bold enuff to challenge him? Sounds like JohnnyRich time to me. I really dont suggest this girls...

Johnny Cheese seems to have been a little light hearted lately. Maybe he won the lottery, I don't know. In the past he has brought a lot of new and unique info to us. He even sells parts at very little profit for our conveinence (block off plates). Let up, you may need his advice some day.

Jc has given me advice twice and one was worth a lot to me. He corrected a problem or told me how to do it just by my discription of what the bike sounded like. I will take his advice anyday!

JC is a Trained Suzuki Tech.

Jamie, I've seen you post stuff that was wrong too. We all do it.

JC is a good tech in my book.

I have a feeling that there will be more praise than dissent on this topic as to JC's competence.As far as vagueness of his answers.Have you seen some of the questions posed to him?Those are vague.The guy does not have E.S.P.Responses can only be as detailed as the queries.

Imahack,
Panama Canal Zone.Here is a simple question:What was the closest major city to your location?I'm just tring to verify that you are Not a POSER.Another question:what are the the majority of Panamanians.I'll give you a multiple choice(1) Mullatoes or (2) Mestizos
Sorry about the skeptisism,but you never know what you are up against.Posers are everywhere.
B21 :()

[This message has been edited by BUSA00021 (edited 03 August 2000).]

Man, there are alot of skeptics out there.

I was yaking with a shop mechanic the other day - about our beloved cam chain tensioner - relaying some of the stories I heard on this site. He said he didn't believe any of it. He figured that Suzuki competitors are making up stories just to scare people to buy something else etc. etc.

I will state this. I think at least 90% of the people and statements on this site are legitimate (not necessarily correct on all matters, but at least honest and well meant).

If you don't frequent this site much, then why come here and say that JC is a poser. Why do you care?

Sorry, I forgot how defensive you get. I was just saying we all make mistakes. Johnny Cheese has given me some good advice a time or two. I really don't know where you're going with his credibility. As far as being specific about your mistakes, Just repost every thing you've ever posted, and guarantee that every thing it 100% correct. I'll try to pick something out

Dr. Maui
Ph.D. Innothingousimagineious

JC is for real - I hope you know that by now. Earlier in the life of this board he posted many more specific answers - in fact, took the time to go look up part numbers for many of us! He's gone way out of his way to help a lot of us!

I'll say from experience that it gets old posting the same information over and over and over again. Trust me, JC gets asked the same questions now that were were asking him back in December.

Don't knock the guy, he is on our side!

"if I said something that wasn't right, tell me" Implies that you've never been wrong. That would be statistically impossible. So there you have it.

JC lives down by Austin. I've done some business with him and corresponded both ways to his Round Rock, Tx address.

He has provided a lot of helpful information in the past including some new Suzuki part numbers that other dealerships didn't even have in their systems yet.

I've visited with JC before...last week at Houston Raceway Park. There were at least four other busas in his camp. At the time he had his copper busa apart...taking out his power commander and reprogramming his stock box after changing his fouled plugs (from the wrong map in the power commander). From the conversation we had, he was very real and very knowledgeable. I have no problem trusting JC on any advise he may give.

Jamie,
I have to question your motive for starting this thread in the first place. If you have something to say to or abou tJC, why not direct it to him personally? What's the agenda here? You want to flame the guy, but you don't seem to have the courage to do it straight out.

You don't come here often? Good. Keep it that way because so far you haven't said anything worthwhile.

B21 I am from a town called Capira It is about 90km from Panama City as for the other Question I do not know.
If you are ever in this town you must stop at the Queso(cheese) factory.They have the best fresh cheese(soft) anywhere.

I'll say this--- I placed a fone call to a dealership to remain unnamed, asked for johnnycheese---guy said who's calling, I said tell him it's lantabusa, and then I was talking to JohnnyCheese. He's sent me 2 sets of plates, and cashed 2 checks. Go figure.
Who's next, Jamie, themotorhead? He's a fake too, right? Go ahead and go there.

Back