I just saw an awesome motorcycle

OB_Richard

Registered
I saw what must have been a similar Yam bike at Daytona 200 this Spring. I loved it, was the only private bike I took lots of pix of.

I'd love to have one

There was a short article in Cycle World a couple of months back describing a TL1000-powered 340lb. flat tracker, but I don't remember which specific issue it was.

I went to Mid-Ohio race track yesterday for Vintage Days. There was a guy there with a couple of bikes on display. He evidently builds them to sell. One was a 650 Yamaha "flat-tracker". This is the one where you take and old Yamaha 650 twin and change the body work and exhaust to give it a flat-tracker appearance. I've seen several of these but this one was done better than most.

The real knockout though, was a streetable flat-tracker with a Suziki TL1000 engine. This bike had a custom made flat-tracker frame with the stock TL1000 engine. It had polished wheels. The frame and body work was bright red with cream colored accents. It had high exhausts exiting on each side. It weighed 340 lbs. wet. It was very minimulist looking, just a frame, wheels and engine. It was a gorgeous, unique motorcycle.

I didn't get much information from the builder because he was so busy. I think he said he was located in New York. I wish I had gotten a business card.

Did anyone here see this bike or have any information about it? I would love to have one but I'm sure they're quite expensive.

Back