BLOWING IGNITION FUSE\'S, ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

i've blown i few ignition fuse's while trying to start the bike, not always just on two occasions and i took it to the dealer to have them check it out and they couldn't find anything even though it blew one for them. has anyone else had this type of problem? i just wouldn't mind finding out the problem so it doesn't happen somewhere far from home, the dealer has told me that they would follow up if it happens any more(they unplug and repluged alot of sh*t so they think they may have been a loose connection.

maniac

I did once the only thing they moved that made a difference was the air temp sensing module on the right side of the gas tank underneath the tank. They did full trouble shooting and when they moved the wire to the air temp sensing unit, it quit blowing fuses. They said this didnt make sense because this air temp sensor is low voltage. It happened at about 6000 miles and I now have 13500 on the bike and it has never happened again...........hope this helps........

I've this problem but not on my Hayabusa.
It was on my TL1000. The wires from the turn signal relay were rubbing on the relay bracket and shorting, blowing the fuse. I had all the body work off and spent 4-5 hours tracing the wires. The insulation had a break the size of a pin hole with a little burnt carbon around it, very hard to see.
It's time consuming but it's the only way.
Look for areas where the wires are tight and rubbing against sharp edges.

Good Luck!

Only fuse I have ever blown is FI fuse. Red FI light will flash, and bike quit running. Problem was caused by pinched wire in fuel pump, when screen warranty fix was being done on fuel pump.

I was left stranded ; - fuses blew as quick as I replaced them. Took bike to dealer the next day ; - no problem ; - the following week same **** . In the end the dealer replaced my wiring harness ;-under warranty. They had another Busa in the shop with same problem at same time as my second visit. The bikes harnass was also replaced.

Check near the right front signal and you will find a wire that is not connected to anything on the Canada/USA models. It is a live wire and when I shorted it once by mistake while trying to test it I blew the same fuse. Needless to say it is taped up now.

Back