Bad performance below 4000 RPM

OB_Tangram

Registered
PCII and play! I'm running a full Yosh race set. Below 3000 it sucked until I got the PCII and spent a little time on refining the efi. Now rns as smooth as as velvet. Get the extra muscle AND extra smooth!

I agree
My Micron full with PC2 makes better midrange and is smoother than it was stock THROUGHOUT the range.

After installing my full system Akrapovic, my Busa is behaving strange in the lower rev's. From 5000 and up i got 8 hp more.
I use my bike alot i the city, meaning that it operates in 2000-3500 rpm alot. How do i make it respond and pull like it did stock.

Thanks

put the stock pipes back on...after market exhausts are a trade off....how often are yoy at or over 8000 rpm, fer innstance...to me, as a street squid, the 3 to 5 K range is important, not in just hte amount of powere, but how smoothly the engine delivers said power...there may be a less drastic messure than removal of the pipe, but that sort of thing is why I still have a stock exhaust after spending over 5K on mods....one thing you could try is living with higher shift points and learning a lot about throttle controle....

Hayababa,

I have a friend with the same exhaust set-up, only he also has the Power Commander II EFI box.

All he is currently using is the map (M304-006) available on the Power Commander website and he doesn't have any of the poor performance you are describing. His bike runs smooth as silk across the entire rpm range, sounds terrific too!!

Sounds like you just bolted the exhaust on with no EFI re-map, is that the case?

Habayaba, what have you done besides bolting the exhaust up? Have you used the Yosh box to reprogram your computer or purchased the Dynojet PCII?? If not, you need to. Your pipe is flowing much better than stock and the already marginally lean stock setup is now way too lean. I've got the Akrapovic as well and it's running fine down low after things were richened up.

Jim

...you ARE supposed to remove the PAIR valve set up and remap the ecu...you did that, right? I decided to leave mine stock untill I was ready to install a turbo set up...I realy think light wheels are the most signifigent mod going for this bike, as the stock suspension is very adjustable and the stock brakes don't suk either...although I also used rotors that shed another two pounds, and upgraded the suspention, I think it was the Dymag wheels that made the biggest difference in the Busa's handling characteristics....I still think of the stock motor as rather strong, and like the stealth factor of the stock exahust....

...good luck dialing your Busa in....it is most likely a matter of mapping the ecu...

[This message has been edited by Hapo (edited 15 May 2000).]

Back