A-tech CARBON FIBER AIRBOX at last !

Hi Mike,

I hope you are sending one to me already.
Did not receive the pipe yet.
Will need the box for the dyno work.
Dyno stock, dyno with pipe, dyno with box.
Let's Rock n Roll!

Ride Safe, RJ

I like now if I had only charged people what other shops charged for a 600 mile service I could get one.well saturday in a lotto drawing cross my fingers.
I need more money I want one.

Well it's about time someone was smart enuf to make an aftermarket Airbox for the baddest bike on this side of the universe.Now what kind of price are we talkin here?

I commend motorhead for giving us a viable alternative to stock for a cost of 75.00. Then he goes further by providing us irrefutable proof of a guaranteed 3-5 hp gain with a 3-5ftlb torque gain.
I have hesitated because of my analness about factory or aftermarket designs as opposed to personal.
Till I see the irrefutable proof of equal gains from this box, I have to maintain that motorhead has the hot setup at this moment. Dont get me wrong: I would prefer this advanced design over a hacked up stock box any day. But one is proven at this time and the other isnt.
Maybe kawabuser is privy to test data already, though I believe if he were he would have produced it on this thread. I also seem to remember him saying this box was designed with something other than power gains in mind. Lets see.........

I believe the word was "prototype", testing will be done here in CT and Japan.

Board member "SuperTuner" will be one of the participants.

Cost - ????

Available in Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, and Kevlar (spray box).

From the appearance alone it looks better than a mod OEM box, keep in mind A-TECH produces the carbon for Kawasaki WSB Factory Team. I would speculate that a real engineer may have been involved, JUST MAYBE :)

The vent tube (pair valve and breather)locations are already under the knife, as well as threaded location for the IAT sensor.

Thank you for the comments and they are passed along.

Cost HAS NOT BEEN DETERMINED, carbon fiber materials are very expensive, the part will be also made in fiberglass to those concerned with a lesser budget.

Kawabuser,

The pic's look great, good workmanship on this product. Do you have an estimate of cost for the carbon fiber model? What type of gains are we talking over stock?

Thanks in advance for any input.

nice piece but 86 the deflecter for and the crank breather.are the 2 intake holes larger to match or exceed the frames intake holes demensions?

I'll have to agree with Omega & JonnyCheese on this one.

This box has to be looked at as a countermeasure for safety with nos.

It will be interesting to see if there are gains, if any? If the box is a duplicate in size, don't look for any gains above whats already made with the stock box.

The cost of this box will determine the over all success of this Mod!

Most Aftermarket Fabricaters will tell you the idea is to attract people to the sport, not scare them away...

If I had one of these box's, I would be trying to show Myself through R&D how well it works with My type of combo

How many Busa owners with a big motor plan on sraying with Nitrous?

I know I will be! :)

Will that box work on the new 750 as well because I know that in previous years you could interchage the 600 and 750 air boxes and the parts and very close on the Busa as well!

Back