Lowest & Highest MPG?

OB_Busa1300

Registered
I have gotten about 220 mile to the tank running between 75 and 80 on the trip back from Mid-Ohio Super Bike races. I didn't think it would make it home on 1 tank of gas but she did.

Still not broken in, but 37mpg on the first tank. This tank reading 44.5mpg and calculator says readings not far off. I'm sure milage will drop off after break-in period! Jack.

Was practicing launches before I went to the drag strip. I had a full tank of gas,rode around some(rode hard)...went to track made several passes and when I filled up again I put 4.1 gal. in it and had been 85 miles!!
Thats almost 21mpg. Way better than the 427 powered 69' Nova I had. Hehe. That is low for a bike though... I couldnt believe it...maybe someone siphoned it out..hehe..or maybe it was those hungry 1300 cc's cranking me through the quarter at 140mph.

Holy cow guys....21mpg.

Your back tire must be shot after 100miles. :)

Thanks for the numbers, I'm mainly a commuter guy so my numbers run high 30's, 38 or so.

What's the lowest and highest gas mileage anyone has gotten indicated by the digital tripmeter? Has it improved over time?

Last weekend my computer was telling me 36 mpg, which works out at 180 for the tank (22 litre) ....after my calculations it seemed a bit happy, I'd guess 150.

This trip was a constant 80 to 110 with the occaisional (2 or 3) runs up to 170.

[This message has been edited by pooh (edited 13 March 2000).]

boneman, I got 44mpg the day I brought my '00 Busa home from the dealer. It was a very easy 30mi on the freeway, and I never tac'd above 4000rpm. That's the last time I'll see that kind of mileage :)

I was getting a constant 40 when I first bought it, but lately I've only been getting around 34...slowly getting worse....?... ;)

Low 30s on the computer running the Angeles Crest with some quick friends. 50mpg when one of my buds brought his timid wife and her bike for a ride with us. BORING AS HELL!

Most of the time it runs between 38 and 43mpg, but I think it is optimistic.

A lot of my riding is freeway commutes up and down the I-15 Autobahn...80-85 mph, steady for 35 miles each way. I get around 45-46 mpg with that kind of riding. In town, or pulling first-gear power wheelies or runs to 10 grand it drops off. But I'll take it.

My old 1100 does a little better, around 50 mpg on the freeway. And it seems to like regular gas nowadays, which I wouldn't even try in the Busa.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 15 March 2000).]

About 33 - 41 mile, per but the other day I pegged the meter at 50 on trip 2. But at the same time the trip 1 meter was climbing. but the trip 2 meter stayed at 50 ? I think thats the max the meter will show ? :)

that day about 88 mile still had more then 1/2 a tank almost 3/4, some where in the middle. go fig, that was the most I have done with this bike..

I got a little over 50 mpg going from Gainesville to Daytona last weekend. No real bursts of speed due to high traffic on a two lane highway.

37.6 MPG here, I haven't done alot of highway riding yet. but a long trip is in the near future. Right now, commuting back and forth to work and past the Kawasaki dealerships when time permits. The worse...I believe it was 28.8, somewhere in the vacinity

100 miles per tank full or around 25mpg average. How can you NOT ride this bike hard?

I usually get about 40 to the gallon (varied riding) and have had over 45 miles to the gallon 2 up over 200 miles. Couldn't live with 21 mpg very much i'd probably kill miself!!

I got 40-41 typically when I had the stock mufflers on it. After I switched to Two Brothers slipons, it dropped to the 36-37 mpg range. Still stock ECU settings. Part of it is me. The pipes are so nice to listen to that I run it at higher revs than I did with stock. But part of it is the new cans. I'm going to get a PC II unit, but DynoJet tells me I won't improve my mileage. Probably drop a little more. But should clean up my midrange.

High was roughly 45 after a solid 5.2 gal fill up. Very easy riding (Illinois) - Flat and straight. Total is 1,100 miles on bike.

But this message / perception is related to calculating the actual mpg behind it. I figure the calculator is 7.5% high. Probably about 5% due to speedometer error and 2% +/- due to other.

[This message has been edited by Bruce Bohannon (edited 17 March 2000).]

Back