further email trash

Try ask Ranger, He seems to be pretty sharp with this stuff. I know it's possible to find out, just a matter of time and knowledge.

Easiest thing to to is send the post and your complaint to postmaster@ix.netcom.com Even if the account doe not exist it will normally get routed to a dummy collection account for all mis-addressed Emails for the domain and get looked at by the Email Admin.

Sounds like the Email came from someone who does not know much about mail systems and only used a basic method to hide the return address. Internet mail can be faked very easy, never trust anything 100%. It does not take much knowledge to hide your tracks and send false Emails. Hell if I can do it . . .

Vegas Dude,I'm not sure what mail service you're using but on our site we use microsoft exchange and what I do is that I'll highlight the mail I received and on the upper left section there's a File tab,I click it on and go down to Properties and click it on and it will tell you what service sent it and what links it might have gone thur.Remember clicking Properties on any mail message will give you some indication on where the mail came from.Plus if you work in a company that runs Microsoft Exchange mail service or Outlook and you suspect a certain person was doing you the bad deed you can go over to his/her terminal and check out the Sent message tab which will show all the e-mail that they sent out,that is if they didn't delete it to cover their tracks.Also if you're real good friend with the Admin person that handles the Mail server he/she can tract it down fast if the mail was generated in your company.Hope this helps.

Hey ranger, i emailed it to ya but the file was too big for your mailbox. I did however found out who sent it. Thanks for all the help. This person was really shocked and embarrassed about this.......hehe. I sent all kinds of email back and scared **** out of em..........hehe

I received a trashy email from someone who works at the same place i do. They left their name out and put in "enter your name here" so i right clicked on the email and got 'Bobnme2@ix.netcom.com" how do i find out who this person is? Does anyone know how to track it? I would appreciate it. If not why dont all of you take note of this address and send him email till he yells uncle............

Back