Brake and fork seal problems

G

Anyone having problems with fork seals
and front brake dragging.
I don't do stoppies, so shouldn't be having fork seal problems.
Was cleaning my front wheel and notice a lot of drag on the wheel wile turning.
Earl said he tried some HH pads but they dragged alot. seems thier just a tad thicker. suggests there's not much tolerance for variance in the front brake cylinders ?

Local Atlanta dealers play dumb on everything
involving busa problems.
anyone having knowledge, (that could be an oxymoron, HEHEHE.) Please e-mail me.

Our 180 blasts in a 35mph zone in the mountain ride gave rise to quite a few posts. even made one join the back of the pak with a cruiser puchase.

FASTER
FASTER
FASTER !!!
till the need for speed overcomes the fear!!!
We are aliiiiive ! HEHEHE
BJ

BJ, I have been wiping my stanchion tubes with WD-40 after every ride ever since I can remember and have never had a problem with fork seals.

It's crucial to keep your stanchion tubes slippery because as long as they're slippery, they stay clean.

DP---I've done the same thing on my fork tube for the last 15 bikes or so and I guess it works. BJ--have you tried that. By the way--do you want those HH pads? I'll give them to "slow poke" if you want them.

Here's the deal BJ,
While running in the North Georgia Mountains you put to much strain on the forks (Diving into those corners so hard then painting exit snakes) and put to much pressure on those brakes (Waiting until you were 20 feet to deep before braking, then pullin' da' lever back to the bar!!!!). I suggest using a little restraint to help remedy the above described problems.
"Hey... Wait for ME"
Slow Poke

Dirty Pete,thanks for the tip on wiping down the tubes,forgot about those oil seals.Thanks again.Learn something everytime.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 10 October 1999).]

Back