And people said the Busa was ugly....

OB_motoboy

Registered
Oh man, I am REALLY disappointed in Kawasaki! The ZX-12 is so ugly, it's FUGLY. I mean, look at that headlight setup...like something off an old GSX-R. And that air scoop! Can you say "afterthought"?

Why is Kawasaki so damn conservative? They make BMW look bold and daring!

Hell, I wouldn't buy that thing if it was TWICE as fast as the Busa. Yuck.

Yes the ZX-12 looks like every other bike out there.

but

Don't forget that kawi's got some of the best test results for their ram air. After thought or not, their engineers have a handle on ram air. Maybe that ugly little extension is a functional masterpiece. This year in NHRA we got a rule revision for people extending their injector scoops. Max length etc. do not exceed blah blah blah. This was a performance limit, not a safety issue. Getting that straight airflow has some benefit. Will it beat the busa? I don't think so. Who knows?

While it may lack originality (compared to the Busa) it shouldn't really be considered ugly should it? Seems like a big ZX-9 with "enhancements" to me. [shrug]

This is how i see it.
I believe the Busa will be a better more reliable day to day bike.As far as looks there is no comparison to the Busa.
What if the zx12 is a LITTLE faster than the Busa,thats ok...it should be.
But i think they will both be so close,that it will come down to looks alone for most people.Standing in the showroom looking at them both thinking hmm,well...they'll both rip my good time head off.
I think its a little to soon for the next generation superbike to come along.
Could that be the zx12?
No...i don't think so.
Thats probably a few years down the road yet.
And for any of you guys thinking about trading your Busa's in for a zx12 if it is faster,think realistically.
It won't be by much.
Wait 'till the next bike that comes out that defines a new category.
You already have your hypersports bike.
Now wait for your superhypersports bike,whether it be 2001,2005,2010.
Imagine what motorcycles could be like just 10 years from now.Exciting to think about.What a great time to be into motorcycles,200mph motorcycles :)
Are you breaking down to get a Busa now?

This may be naive of me, but when it comes to tuning and performance surely size is the single most important factor. When it comes to tuning and modifying a bike for extra performance a big engine gives you more to play with. The kawa 'may' be faster as stock, but if it is important for you to be the fastest are you really going to leave your bike as stock ? Personally mine is being modified to leave other busa's behind that I may encounter here :)

Bring on the ZX12 and the best of luck to it.
Just think what it really means.

Honda will bring out a SuperDuper XX and then Suzuki will bring out the Hayabusa II and then we can buy that and it'll be the best until it all starts again.
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The only best bike is the one you like the best. Someone is ALWAYS going to bring out one faster then the previous fastest one. Better then the previous best one.

Me, I just wave a other bikers and admire their bikes if we're talking. May not be my taste but it's still a bike and let's be honest, it could be a car. MORE BIKES PLEASE

Back