New license plate

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Getting my personalized plate is really no big deal it says "BUSA" however what is the big deal is i spent 9 full hours at the dept of motor vehicles getting it. Am i crazy about the busa or what. They just went to a new computer system which made it 10 times slower. But they treated me nice and it was as much trouble for them as it was for me and since i had these on order for 3 months i was going to get the plates or else. Best Cycle parts can really appreciate what I went through as im sure they heard all of the stories by now............what makes it even crazier is that I was up for over 33 hours straight as I had worked graveyard shift this morning. I wasnt tired until I got home and had put the plate on.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 17 September 1999).]

You are right Vegasdude this was a cheap shot. I have spent many hours in lines waiting for plates and insurance for my bikes too. I have done it with cars as well and it is not the same. I was kidding but it was still cheap and pathetic. You should be proud of all the work you have done to your bike and don't lose the spirit.
(edited 17 September 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ZX-12 (edited 17 September 1999).]

Don't wanna dig..but another perk is getting paid just slightly more than a hamburger flipper at a fast food joint :)

[This message has been edited by Turbo (edited 19 September 1999).]

I can't remember where I read this story. But apparently a guy was sueing the police dept. because they discriminate against higher intelligence. Apparently they don't want to hire intelligent people because the job is so boring most of the time that intelligent people would expect more out of the job and want to move up the ranks faster than positions would be available. Hence more turn-over in the lower ranks and wasted training funds. Soooo don't make to much fun of FC, he can't help it, he isn't working with a full deck, some of his essential marbles are missing, thinking is not his specialty. Anyone with that big a mouth must be either compensating for a little mind or a little ........

Zx-00 I hang at HQ and drink my Invigorating cup of joe, while I calibrate my Radar unit for an evening of Insurance rasing Coupon distribution :)

And you Dirty prick,,oh I mean pete,,hope your children..if you can have any ?? Never need a cop for anything.

have a great weekend

FC, you're going to have to learn to take a compliment. You've been picked on so much here that you fire at every shadow.

I meant what I said.

Everybody's a doink now and then.

Yes I have 2 daughters, 3 and 4. If you or another cop ever save one of them from drowning, I'll give you/him/her my Busa for spare parts in gratitude.

If you're straight about who you are and the kind of duty you do, you've got a special job and the worth of it is not reflected in the pay you get...even with free donuts.

Cause and effect, Vegas...effect and cause.

That's why they call these things "threads." They're long, they're messy and they spill off the spool all over the floor.

OK. If you insist let's talk license plates. Vanity plates in particular.

There's no way I'd ride with a vanity plate. Some corn pone hillybilly and his prepube bride in a '53 woody wagon thinks you cut him off and knocked his plastic Jesus on the floor, he's not going to remember license plate AH7D3, but he may well remember BUSA, or VIOL8R or LEATHLV6.

Then you gonna find a moonshine molotov under yer porch one day.

Vanity plates are like day glow vests...they're anti-stealth...they're, well, vain.

Easyrider - don't worry that story about the man who was too smart to be a cop didn't go unnoticed. I posted the UPI account from Boston in a thread a week or two ago.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 21 September 1999).]

Hey Easy-Boy..Boring,,?? my job's not Boring.

Ever save A Child from drowning ?

Ever pull an unconscious Ederly man from his burning Car after he had a heart attack and hit a utility pole ??

boring my Job..never, you white trash Idiot :)

have a great day.

161 ®

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 21 September 1999).]

Falconcop protector of the people:

From what I have read you are a super special person who gets allot of perks? I must admit I am very impressed with you. I had some questions about your profession I hope you can answer. What is the best way to drive fast with a coffee and donut? Say you have just got your order and you are walking to your car. On the way you see Dirty Pete on his bike smoking a fattie. You ask him for ID and he laughs at you calls you a disgusting fatbody and takes off. How do you secure your coffe so that there is no spillage but yet you still have access to it while you are chasing Pete? Is one of your perks a special cup holder? If so who makes it and how is it mounted?

[This message has been edited by ZX-12 (edited 21 September 1999).]

Back