Landing Wheelies

OB_BUDDHA

Registered
I know that by not landing a wheelie straight could result in some wobbling and maybe even a smack down,but....
Is it true....that if you land a wheelie out of gear,you could end up with the same result?Does out of gear mean finding a false neutral?

Yea Buddha its true.
Lets say you miss a shift between gears. First to second for example. Your walking the
bike with the throttle, covering your self on the rear brake and miss second gear. The bike
comes crashing down when you lose power to the wheel. At best you run the risk of
bending your front wheel and smashing your nuts on the tank at worst. The bus' seems to
work best if you "click" shift it. Im still getting used to this as the synthetic is keeping my trans. from breaking in quickly. Usually if you come down a little crossed up, you'll get a puff of smoke off the front accompanied by a loud "chirp." More crossed up than that and you may start doing "Tank Slappers" and high side. Hope this was useful. Sort of like "passing a van full of kids on one wheel"
"Ride like you mean it,"
ducmanic
Los Angeles

[This message has been edited by ducmanic (edited 13 August 1999).]

So when you shift,your gonna want to pull the shifter up quick&solid,right?
And not shift in a lazy manner..correct?
What do you mean by "click"shifting?

BUDDHA,
By "click" i mean just what you said. A firm even pressure on the shifter right when
you let off the gas slightly to unload the dogs on the gears and let the shift fork move the gear with out forcing it. Most bikes i try to "dip the clutch", but on the Bus' the clutch feels to weird. I have been getting used to the click shifts and think i will go with them exclusively. I try to let the bike show me how it wants to shift instead of forcing it to shift "my way". (IMHO)

Ride like you mean it,
ducmanic
Los Angeles

Back