Info Please !!

OB_Greg

Registered
who the hell picks up a busa unassembled
did you lose a bet or something

i don't understand

greg

[This message has been edited by Greg (edited 07 July 1999).]

I believe 65'lbs and this is the only dealer notice for the bike so far. You need a six point socket, and your dealer should do this not the end-user.

Hi picked up my Busa to tonight In crate,on assembly have to put top triple clamp nut on could anyone give me the torque setting for this please.Boss

If I got my busa in a box, that's where it would be now. If you are mechanically inclined, which I assume you are, more power to ya. I know you will save plenty of money on labor. Let us know how it runs once you put that baby together.

soja1 strikes again.

Jeff W would be the one to ask since he's
tight with his dealer and was allowed to assemble his Busa straight from the crate.
Seems like he helped assemble the first one that came in to his dealer as well.(not his color)

BTW - he has pics of his Busa being uncrated posted on his web site too.

Relax guys I'm qualified the point in picking up bike,is unlike those that don't pick up in crate, chances are your new toy has had the guts ripped out of it by the apprentice who wishes to see just how hard an Abusa goes.
He is not concerned as to how hard a time he gives it because it aint his.I refuse to have any one ride my machines,as the care factor is not there.As I have worked in the motorcycle trade for twenty odd years I have seen the treatment dished out to new bikes,especially the new models.Because every one wants to see just how hard they go,which is fine ...........but not at my expense. Boss

And how about the torque setting of other important nuts and screws ? The dealer has to do a complete inspection before handing out the new bike to the customer. Not just plug and play.

http://www.gallus-gruppe.de

Akrapovic ( german busa rider )

Back