Buyer Beware of an Ebay store

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
I'll try and keep it short, I bought a tire changer from Ebay ..Dudes been in business for a while.. has a fair feed-back.. Store name " Maxhootue" paypal name" Jeffrey Williamson" Jeffery_Willianson@yahoo.com From Granger Iowa.. I ordered a Tire changer on 09-08 .Paid the same day...The bottom half came in .. I emailed Dude emailed back saying the rest will be at my house in a couple weeks.. OK COOL!!! Right!!? I email again Dude says NEXT WEEK !! Still nada . I email again last week telling him I want a refund or 1/2 my green back .. Dude says "" OK 1/2 my $$ back no Prob.. a week late still no $$$$ and no return on emails.. I look at his feed back now and hes done this to a couple people lately.. I really dont have time to deal with the Idiot!!! I'm working 18-20 hours a day 7 days a week & havent got time to drive up and drag him across the pavement or tie him up on R R tracks ..If I had Time I would... So I figure I would let the people know not to do business with him and hurt'em in his pocket... So Please dont do business with this guy (idiot) ..
Also I cant leave a negative feed back because its been too long . Problem I was too patient!! In my heart I'd like to say " GETT'EM ORG. MEMBERS" !!

I went into paypal , clicked a link on Item not recieved... It basically said " its too late to leave feed back or file.. So I looked for a place to file a complaint and dont see it.( Plus more Time spent.. I'd rather let the crook keep the change and spread the word about how he does business. I believe what goes around - comes around!!

Im starting to hate ebay.lately Iv purchased
-$400 fishing reel, was broke when i got it
- 4 pairs of speakers when i only wanted 2 pair,was listed as price per speaker not speakerS

so now im stuck paying for shipping to return or try and resell

I have some things listed for sale and I get a ton of messages
"its not worth that"
"will you take this or that for it"
"do you think ill like it".......wtf?

then you get the geeks who make a living on ebay and want to tell you they will report you for saying negative things about there service or items

I think im done with ebay and the ppl that use it

goodluck with getting what you paid for

I will not buy anything from e-bay over $100 or so, and only them with top feed back.

+5

Kinda like pawn shop specials... always something a bit wrong, a hassle to return, and no warranty. Great for old cassette tapes, magazines, and the occasional trinket... but a busa deserves better.

ebay and paypal are buyer's markets now days....if you got screwed then you either sent a money order/ check (which isn't very smart) or you delayed too long.

How long did you wait to file a complaint?

Ask the seller if he has a tracking number...sounds like this was a large item he wouldn't had sent through the mail? ALL non USPS shippers include insurance on their even their lowest shipping options. They ALL also have tracking number on EVERY package.

Most important, BE NICE. Too many of you guys fly off the handle at the first sign of any problem. Be nice, its money not a kid....more will be made. You catch more flies with honey concept...

If you got one box, most likely he did try sending something....

Look for more info.....

post a link to the ebay auction where you won this.

And ALWAYS be careful when dealing with ANYONE...

It really sucks when fellow members here steal from you....ebay is expected.

Thanks for the addy / info Gixx,,!!!!!
And I have been more than patient!!! over 2 months worth.. If the address checks out and Phone number , I'll stop and pay a visit someday and say Hell-O :).. I cant stand a crook !! I work my azz off 18-20 hrs a day . I dont like getting bent.. Thanks Guys

Thanks for the addy / info Gixx,,!!!!!
And I have been more than patient!!! over 2 months worth.. If the address checks out and Phone number , I'll stop and pay a visit someday and say Hell-O :).. I cant stand a crook !! I work my azz off 18-20 hrs a day . I dont like getting bent.. Thanks Guys

ebay gives 45 days....even then you should be funding your paypal accoutn with a credit card for extra security.

live and learn.

why would you only request only half your money back?

and the cheap tire changers I saw looked pretty much like the HF units ($79)

I asked for 1/2 the $$ back because I did get half the product...I can order the other half seperate from harbor freight etc...
As far as using a credit card .Yea in this situation that would have worked great!! But I quit with the Credit cards .I dont want'em ( only for an emergency use) .. But hey I did get a quality Nomar tire balancer ( from a different store than the crook) ..

Sad to hear this, I've done alot of transactions on ebay,both buying and selling. Only had 2 bad deals out of over 400+

Back