Is my Busa truly UGLY??!

06limited1st

Registered
Ive been trying to sell the Busa for a while and have it listed right now in the CLassifieds section.. 2006 Limited Busa - Hayabusa Classifieds

Listed as 'Best Offer'. Also on Craigslist here in Chicago.. Any ideas why it hasn't sold yet?? I know there's no sticker on the left side but jeez that can't be holding up all the offers... ANy suggestions????

Ive been trying to sell the Busa for a while and have it listed right now in the CLassifieds section.. 2006 Limited Busa - Hayabusa Classifieds

Listed as 'Best Offer'. Also on Craigslist here in Chicago.. Any ideas why it hasn't sold yet?? I know there's no sticker on the left side but jeez that can't be holding up all the offers... ANy suggestions????

Could be the anticipation of the '09's coming out? Just a thought.

Also, the riding season where you are is slamming to a wintery close...just another thought.

Good luck, brother. That's one classic Gen1 'bus you got there. :beerchug:

Oh, yeah...and the stock market is shizzing itself, the internal financial structure of the entire nation is crumbling, the politicians are using it as a threat against us, and all I ever hear is...man I wish they'd hurry up and give us that seven hundred billion dollars we asked for.

But I digress.

Well winter is coming and the economy is in the crapper, other than those two
minor things...I don't know why you aren't getting offers :dunno:

Craigslist is ok but I had so many retards trying to send me a fake check or mo that i just deleted my add.
Good luck

If I were you, I'd put a price on it. Something. Weather it's what you want for it or not. I know when I'm looking to buy something I'd much rather see a dollar amount attached to it rather than not. I like to have a little bit of an idea of what the seller is thinking he or she can get out of it. Just my :2cents:

Yea dam this economy. Might need to move to Japan already

And wouldn't 700 billion dollars be a pretty good number to spread along all those citizens that have foreclosed or even just divide it evenly between every single American?? Sounds a little more productive to me, but hey, I just live here...

Anything can be sold at the market price. It all depends on your pain threshold. If it ain't selling at 8600 dollars keep dropping the price 500 dollars a whack until it does or it is just too painful or not worth losing it at that price. All the other guys info is correct about economy, winter approaching, etc...but can be sold if price is interesting enough for a guy who wants this type of bike...good luck and sorry about having to sell...2hip

Honestly, its not selling becuase of price....

The last 3 08's I was watching on Ebay went for $8400. One had 900 miles, one had 1000 miles, and one had 5000 miles.

Yes, yours is a limited, but all things considered, the price is too high for the winter season.

Just my .02

UK

Nice bike...it is a Busa. I think the price is high though. I guess it was down since the body dosent match. That will hurt also.

I can tell you that the fact that the left side of the motorcycle is different body-wise from the right side makes me want to stay away from it. I would be lead to believe that this thing was laid down at some point or another. Don't be offended, but it's what I thought of the bike when I looked at it's listing a day or two ago.

Steven

" Is my Busa truly UGLY??!"

Yes, there, I did it...

lol thanks Tex.

I guess it was down since the body dosent match. That will hurt also.

If it being dropped in the garage is considered being down then I guess so.. But the sticker was taken off because it was all scratched, then it was discovered that the panel is silver underneath so I had it painted

And $8600 is high?!?!? Unbelievable...

If you dropped it to $8000 you'd sell it.

You're not as bad as some people with busas on Craigslist. Like the a-wipe asking $10,600 for an 06. Lol.

My buddy just picked up the cleanest 06 LE with 1300 miles on it for $7100 private party in Chicago. NOT a sellers market right now.

Last edited:
While I'm no professional salesman, in know in my neck of the woods (Western New York), this is a bad time of year to sell a bike. If there's anyway you can hang on to it until spring, it will sell FAST! Just my $.02!

While I'm no professional salesman, in know in my neck of the woods (Western New York), this is a bad time of year to sell a bike. If there's anyway you can hang on to it until spring, it will sell FAST! Just my $.02!

Hang on to it!!! He's trying to buy a house.

If he had any head on his shoulders, considering his situation, he would take the first bid over $7000. The longer he keeps it, the more it will cost him.

Several scenarios:

He's paying 100/month for insurance on for a bike he's not driving. That's 1200 a year right there, plus 150 to 300 a year for the maintenance. $1500 dollar difference!

Also, let's say the housing market has a mysterious upturn in over the winter. Same house he could have bought could go up as much as $10k. Now you really F'd up!!!

People that want to sell things sell them.

People that want to keep things keep them.

NO! times are tough and everyone is hurting. it's just bad timing on your part so try to hang in there. i'm sure some lucky buyer will be coming along shortly. :beerchug:

Back